What's new

Jesus Camp (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm not sure how this relates to what's presented in the film Jesus Camp, and I note that you never answered my question from three months ago (namely, have you seen the film?).

It is essential that this thread stick to the film, or it will be closed.

M.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

true indeed.

i think this is in relation to the film as that was discussed in the film.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have been trying to see this movie since the DVD came out. Hopefully it won't be much longer. I also hope this thread is still open once I have seen it since there seems to be a lot of conversation going on here that is not actually about the movie itself.

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
It's alright to state that religious groups should be given a "much closer look", but not to try to explain why this reasoning is at best faulty, and at worst unconstitutional? I thought we were all adults here, having a somewhat mature, if not civil, exchange of ideas, BOTH sides being given some latitude due to the subject of the movie. Sorry, bad assumption on my part. Rules is rules...

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
It's at least as interesting that you consider it "chastis[ing]" when all I said was that it was unclear how a post about "99% of Christians" seeing "their own rights eroding" relates to the film Jesus Camp -- especially since you've claimed from the beginning that the film is about a fringe group (and it's clearly the group in the film that Brian DH was referring to).

While I'm glad to know you've seen the film, it's plain that you would like to discuss subjects beyond its scope, and that isn't allowed here. Having expressed your opinion of the film in no uncertain terms, please refrain from further participation in the thread.

M.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
After reading some of the discussion about this film, I was going to rent it but couldn't find it at any of my local video stores. I saw the trailer and it does look fascinating. It looks similar to what I experienced growing up as a child in a very religious family. Hopefully I can find it somewhere and share my thoughts.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Just got done watching Jesus Camp and found it truly disturbing. It's one thing to have faith, but these people are delusional and dishonest in many of their beliefs and what they're doing to their children is criminal (if not legally, then morally)."

x2. Very disturbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks