What's new

Jericho ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Thanks!

Haha, I doubt they're actual clues. It looks like a report on a football game, I didn't know they used Morse Code for that. :)

How do you know Morse Code, Rick? Were you in the military, or are you a Morse Code enthusiast? :)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
A DVR is a wonderful thing..commercials? What are commercials?! ;) I like the show so far, even with it's obvious shortcomings.

Sylvia*ST

Stunt Coordinator
I really like this show, and hope it gets a chance. I think it's as suspenseful as 24, the first season of Prison Break, and the like.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

I was driving myself a little crazy, when I was trying to remember where I've seen her before. :)

Even with a few annoying characters, I'm still enjoying the show.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I’ve watched the first two weeks and I’ll watch at least a couple of more weeks but for me this show is on thin ice. The main premise is so far fetched. No terrorist organization could possibly carry out an attack of this size and no other country would even dream of doing it because of the retaliation they would face.

I’ll watch some more but it is definitely on the bubble.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Of course the premise is far fetched. No one can travel through time, but that didn't stop Quantum Leap from having a fairly succesful network run.

I certainly hope this will never happen. I am willing to suspend reality for the sake of this show. I have always liked these Armageddon types of shows,anyway.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
After thinking about it a little more I’m going to amend my original statement. I was wrong in writing that another nation would never attempt such an attack. They might and a country is the only one who could deliver such an attack. What they have done poorly in Jericho is that they didn’t build up any back story to the attack. It’s very unlikely an attack would come from out of the blue. Tensions between the attacking country and the US would be evident long before an attack. So the fact that the people of Jericho don’t have the slightest clue or any guesses for that matter as to who might have attacked is hard to phantom. After all they all have televisions in Jericho, doesn’t anyone watch the news?That’s not really that valid of a comparison considering ones a sci-fi / fantasy show that deals with something no one has done so suspending reality is easy. Jericho on the other hand is about people surviving warfare, which people do everyday.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Patrick - you're assuming that the bombs were all delivered by air. You can set off a nuke from the ground, and although I don't want to go there, I think there are 1 or 2 groups around that would want to pull something like that off.

Having it detonate in the air is more effective, but we really don't know at this point exactly what happened, but I'll leave it at that.

Also, it would make sense to nuke San Diego, because of the naval base there, but we don't really have the entire list yet. He didn't pin down Washington, D.C., or even the Big Apple, so there!

I'm going to stick around to see where this goes. If this show did stay a hit, what will it be like in say, 4 or 5 years?

Glenn

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I seem to remember something, via TV or radio, from the opening of the first episode mentioning the President and his comment on the state of current events. There was foreshadowing, just subtle.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
If Jericho lasts 4 or five years, they'll be running out of ideas. Instead of fallout, escaped convicts, family politics, and mystery men with enough book-learnin' to suspisiously be able to figure out one of them ham radio thingies, they'll be battling radioactive zombies, giant insects, carnivorous trees, and telepathc aliens.

I like the show so far, so I hope they have something decent planned for the long story arc. But if a radioactive zombie ever makes an appearance on this show, remember that I'm the one who called it. ;)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Glenn I’m not at all assuming that the bombs were all delivered by the air where did you get that one? The reality is that in the final scene in the last episode he was placing a lot of pins in the map. In today’s world only a few nations have that many devices on hand. That’s why for credibility sake it better turn out to be a nation that attacked us. If they say a terrorist group did it the BS meter will pin out.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Correction: We didn't SEE him pin Washington or New York yet. He did quite a bit of pinning after they stopped cutting to the map.
(By the way. My prediction that he was one of the prisoners is way off-base, since he has his family with him. My new guess is NSA or something equally higher level. Smart move not freaking people out with a list of cities that appeared to be in the double digits.)

Loved this episode. I'm pretty sure in RL, the people in the storm cellar and the girl and boy in the house would be fucked. We'll find out more next week. That last scene was a doozy.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

Surprisingly, the second episode the show actually grew in adults 18-49 by over 15% compared to the first episode. See
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings.aspx?id=wednesday

So, I would expect that CBS is quite happy with how it is going.

One strange thing - in the first episode, they promoted an online site about Beyond Jericho, but the site was removed this week and there doesn't seem to be a reference to it on the main Jericho page any more.

Neil

RickGr

Second Unit
Many years as a ham radio operator for my morse knowledge. Self taught myself morse at age of 15 so I could get my ham radio ticket.

Another possibilty for the backstory of this show is either domestic terrorists or a military coup. Far fetched perhaps but this is dramatic story tellling.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Patrick - that reply of mine was MY leap of faith. Can you see "Country X" (we'll keep names out of this) docking in New York and saying, "Oh, ignore us. We're just going to place a couple of dozen nukes in key cities in your country, and then be gone!"

The ONLY other way for a country to attack us is by air.

They could have made up a country name to use, but unless it was the whole world picking on us, then not very many countries have that many.

I actually think that someone just pushed the wrong button, and it set off the WOPR gaming maching! :)

I'm more interested in how they are going to survive in the long run. What do you do when you run out of canned food? If the canned goods factories aren't working any more, and you don't have a crop growing by then, you're basically screwed, no?

Glenn

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I realize I was stretching it a little to make a point. My point is that this is fiction and is not based on any logic. The producers are asking us to suspend reality and accept this as a piece of fiction. To accept this show you also have to throw out credibility. If people need to have the show be based on reality, then it probably won't last very long.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

I'm thinking that maybe the Government knew that there was a possibility of an attack on the U.S. so they had these people planted in small towns on the outskirts of where the bombs might hit so they could help those cities survive.

I'm really enjoying this show so far. WRT it not being realistic, aren't most TV shows a little on the unrealistic side? I just take them for what they are, entertaining stories that I enjoy to watch. But that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks