What's new

Jericho ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Louis C

Supporting Actor
Having watched most of the season 1 DVD set, I can say with absolute certainty that the song "Nothing Compares 2 U" was not replaced. Nor was Coldplay's "Til Kingdom Come."

The Coldplay song with the accompanying scene was for me the crowning moment of Season 1.

Also, I haven't noticed any episode edits - not yet.

The picture quality and sound is outstanding. My only beef is the menu is very simplistic and there is no "play all" feature.

All in all, the set is great. If you are hesitating, I see no reason not to get it.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

I dunno. I'm gonna check it out. It does seem a little "out of the box" but I think that's a good thing. I'm giving it a shot...

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Is there a fan site that has a complete rundown of the replaced music?

It's good to hear that Nothing Compares 2 U is still in there.
How about the Foo Fighters song in one of the last episodes? I thought that was a very powerful moment and would hate to see that replaced.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
"Times Like These" was not replaced. Yeah, I liked that part a lot too.

I haven't noticed any replacements, so whatever they were, I didn't notice anything missing. Your mileage may vary.

I read that the song for the scene with the train load of food was replaced.

A web site to search for music on TV is: tunefind.com. Here is the search listing for Jericho if you're interested:
http://www.tunefind.com/show/Jericho

I don't think it covers what got replaced, does it? In any case, all of my favorite songs are still there, FWIW.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
This is what CBS has to be thinking right now:

Last year this time:

"Jericho" (households: 6.9/11, #6; adults 18-49: 3.1, #T7)

This year, same time: (same situation, also, a MLB game in play on Fox, etc.)

"Kid Nation" (households: 4.7/8, #9, adults 18-49: 2.4, #12)

So far, a move really playing out well for CBS.. I'm sure somewhere, someone has to also be thinking this.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Well, keep in mind COST.... Jericho costs a whole bunch more per episode than Kid Nation. For all we know, a cheap 8 share could be more profitable than an expensive 11 share. 8PM ratings generally suck as compared to 9PM.... when Jericho comes back, it should be put in at 9PM so it can justify its cost better.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Looks like Jericho might very well be on the horizon for us, sooner than expected...Viva Laughlin just got shitcanned by CBS after only two episodes:
TV Guide just said that The Amazing Race is likely going to fill in for Laughlin, though Jericho is still a possibility. That said, there are other factors coming into play:

So...that's something I can get behind, if they're wanting to give Jericho the biggest advertising push possible, and pump up the potential audience-base beforehand.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The biggest thing in "Jericho's" favor is that they shot the second season in one go to free up the stage space for "Swingtown". It's probably the only show completely in the can as the networks face a strike that could shut down existing series in their tracks. There is literally the possibility that "Jericho" would be the only scripted programming CBS has come the spring.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
According to http://www.variety.com/VR1117975267.html :

It looks like Jericho won't be back until January at the earliest because of the writer's strike. Networks are looking to stretch completed product as long as possible.

It says it could return to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, but may be moved to Sunday to avoid competing against American Idol.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The strike could be a blessing to Jericho. When new run shows run out of scripts. All we will be watching are repeats. Jericho will be new. :)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
You know, for all the reasons already listed above, I'm actually having less and less of an issue with Jericho returning in January than I originally did.

Back when it seemed like the WGA strike might still have been averted, and the DVDs newly-released, I was all for putting it back on the air as quickly as possible in order to retain its "freshness" in the public's eye, but now...

Considering that most major dramas will either be in infinite repeats or off the air entirely by that time, having seven weeks of new Jericho in a desert of reruns can only whet the public's appetite as a viable reality-show alternative. And which ultimately may result in a pickup for a third year.

Talk about an unlooked-for advantage. I never thought I'd actually hear myself saying this, but if it means another year for Jericho...long may the strike continue. (Just not TOO long.)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know if any new characters are going to be added to the 2nd season? I am wondering if they might not...due to budget.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It seems weird to wait until their strike leverage will probably be over. If the strike gets resolved before Christmas, they'll probably have new episodes of all the series by February 12. At first I thought they were airing it opposite ratings juggernaut "House" but now I see they're airing it at 10. Might not be a bad time slot for "Jericho."

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I wish they had more than 7 episodes, but it sure will be nice to get Jericho back. I'm looking forward to this abbreviated season.

Maybe more people will pay attention and we can get a full season 3.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Two new promos up over at the official CBS site...and they're pretty fucking awesome. (Scroll down the page to see them.)

Can't wait to see how much (or little) this new "President"-guy (the former Senator Tomarchio, who was conveniently out of town on the day the bombs went off in D.C.) is tied up with Valente's plot.

That, and the whole "from [the] Mississippi [to the] Pacific" thing smacks of a brewing civil war, this time between East and West. Bring it on.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Isn't this odd? Just when fans get the studio to bring Jericho back, the strike happens. The series might not have a possibility of continuing since the strike has started ... looks like the few extra episodes is all anyone is going to get now ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks