What's new

Jericho ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
I tried to watch the show last night, and there was NO SOUND!!! This has never happened before, but now the show is ruined for me. I had high hopes for this too. I might watch next week, just out of curiousity.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

I've recently talked to one people like that, who said that he couldn't get into shows like 24 or The Sopranos (not even on DVD), because of the "commitment requirement".

paul_v

Second Unit

I should be getting my Neilson box in a few weeks and I watch BSG, Lost, and 24 religiously.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I cannot explain how I know this, but if you're a Nielsen family, you're obligated not to reveal this publicly.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Does anyone know Morse Code? :) Any cities mentioned that weren't pinned down?

I'll definitely be tuning in for the short run, at the very least.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ashley Scott looks great with the long blonde hair, but this show is bit on the drab side due to the characters being duller than dirt.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Heh, I thought he was going to pin L.A., but then he panned down to San Diego. Anyway, from what he said to his wife(?), I'm assuming he knew the attack was coming through some form of intelligence or something, thus his arrival in Jericho.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Eh, this show's history, I just don't care about what happened and i'm not into the whole Lost-style enigmatic plot and characters, it frustrates me rather than intrigues me.

:thumbsdown:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Definately he's more than an ex-St Louis Police guy. His house does seem rather secure doesn't it in that he didn't seem to be too upset that the daughter was upstairs after the rain started.

That last scene was the best of the show just showing the him picking pin after pin out of the box and not showing where the pins went. I hope they abandon the scary-man of the week and rescue at the the last second stuff. It would be like Battlestar Galactica landing on New Caprica and the Cylons not showing up at the end.

How are you going to remove 18 inches of topsoil without a source of a lot of gasoline and a radiation suit for the operator?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I swear, if CBS doesn't quit with hitting us with endless commercials every nine minutes or so, I will be tuning out very soon. It's completely unnecessary. How many times was the Criminal Minds promo with the kid auction shown? How many times the CSI promo with the miniature kitchen? Enough.

As for the show, it gets one more week to pick itself up or I'm out. October 11 (two weeks from tonight) is 30 Rock with Tina Fey at 8 pm. That will be appointment TV; a bad Lost knockoff is not.

Entirely too many problems with tonight's episode, including:

1) Isn't it terribly convenient Bonnie had two vintage guns sitting in the living room with six bullets in the same case?

2) Whatever the two girls names were who were trying to take the coke...I wanted to strangle them. Similarly, whoever the girl was that told the boy he was a freak and whatnot...UGH! Am I supposed to want these people to die horrible deaths?

3) Gee, thanks for the science lesson, Mr. Deputy Mayor. Could that "this is radiation does to you" exposition get any drier and more boring?

The overriding problem is that I don't care about these people. I spend more time heckling the TV and picking everything apart than I do enjoying the product. Bright spot is that Lost comes back next week. :)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I must confess, I'm a bit of a sucker for post-apoccalyptic drama, so I'll stick with it for now. Even so, I've got a feeling I already know where the show is going. In the end, I think it will ultimately be revealed that the bombs were all detonated by some very bad people.

Yes, I know. Very shocking, indeed.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I agree to a degree, but I must say I also felt that way about the people on Lost the entire first season (and still feel that way about many of them).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Same girl as in the store.

I agree the character behavior is pretty annoying. I had as much of a problem with the girls as I did with the woman who owned the store. Last week she thought her worker was stealing the food rather than trying to keep it from going bad. She most not like teenagers.

My biggest WTF moment was Ashley Scott's character asking, "Why are you still here?" Uh...yeah, it's all about you. There was a fricking mushroom cloud in Denver!

The convicts posing as officers was also poorly done. Yeah, no one would be supspicious of you guys :rolleyes.

I feel this will be 2006's "Threshold" for me.

RickGr

Second Unit
The first bit of morse said "DELTA CODE DELTA 2 MINUTE WARNING"

The second bit said "SCORE REMAINS SCORELESS"

Now whether these are actual clues or giberish the producers put in not thinking someone watching might know morse. As is they did send real words and not garbage so not sure what to make of it.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I agree. The only character I care about is Bonnie, and that's only because of the actress who plays her -- she's from HBO's Weeds.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Yeah, I understand that. However, it seemed like the majority of the commercials last night were for other CBS shows. I think the only one that wasn't advertised was The Amazing Race.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Have you watched SNL lately?? ;)

I agree with a previous poster. The cop from St.Louis must no something. I am enjoying the show so far...Was glad they got rid of the escaped convicts from the story.

I do want to thank CBS for one thing. I had to miss the last 20 minutes of the show and forgot to tivo it. Luckily, I was able to watch what I missed on the CBS.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks