What's new

Jennifer Garner plans to stay on Alias until 2008 (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Just because Garner is signed doesn't mean ABC is committed to more than 22 more episode - it just means they won't have to renew or renegotiate her contract should the show run that long.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Jason's right, it isn't for the entire show, but just for her.

Still though, it proves they have a good theory they'll keep it around for a couple more seasons. Assuming the ratings hold (If anything, they'll get bigger I think, what with Seasons 1/2 coming out by December. I'm betting that when Season 4 starts, season 3 will be on DVD and even more people won't be afraid to start watching regularly)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Can't say it's a great deal for Garner, but steady work is better than no work. It's a very good deal for ABC, though.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure there are all kinds of fun "you have to put me in a movie that doesn't involve kickboxing" clauses and such in there

It keeps her on through season 7, and that's a good thing. $150K/episode is a decent salary. It's not like Friends and their million dollars an ep or whatever deals

Don Black

Screenwriter
That salary sucks. Katie Holmes made more money for Dawson's Creek and she wasn't even the main protagonist. I wonder why she agreed to that. Maybe a backend syndication percentage too?

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
Where did you see that Katie Holmes was making more than $150k/episode? I don't know what she was making at the end, but early on all of the actors on Dawson's Creek were all making less than $30k/episode (and I don't believe they ever renegotiated their contracts, which they signed for 6 years in the very beginning).

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Jennifer Garner plans to stay on Alias until 2008...

when she plans on quickly fading into obscurity and taking up a life of endless Sci-Fi Conventions where she can bum free drinks off of fanboys. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks