JCVD

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jon Paul Gottier, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Jon Paul Gottier

Jon Paul Gottier Auditioning

I got the treat of going to the Toronto Film Fest, and the best film I got to see was at the Midnight Madness opening night and the film presented the rebirth of guess who, Jean-frickin'-Van Damme. It was ridiculous. The audience was so into the film; it was a riot.

I don't want to ruin the treats, the real nuggets of the film, but expect the first five minutes to be a ride. And don't be surprised to cry by the end of the film. No joke. His acting is... well, superb, astonishing. For once, you're not laughing at Van Damme, but with him. This was a very unlikely favorite of the year.

2. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I'm eagerly awaiting this. I recently watched a bunch of his direct to vid stuff, and he really is a more then decent enough actor. IN HELL was pretty great.

3. Miles

Miles Second Unit

I saw this last night and agree that JCVD acting was superb and the movie contains some moments that brought me close to tears for it's honesty. Please give it a whirl if you get a chance.

4. Diallo B

Diallo B Screenwriter

thanks,

i been seeing this on the wall at blockbuster. i will give it a spin.

5. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I've never had anything against Van Dam and really enjoy some of his films, two of my favorites being Sudden Death and Kick Boxer, and am remarkably curious about this.

6. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    I rented this a couple of weeks ago and the film was interesting. I thought it was strange that Van Damme didn't dub himself during the French speaking parts, it was strange hearing another voice for him.