What's new

JBL Venue Series = Original 1999 N-Series (1 Viewer)

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Seems like JBL resurrected the original "N" Series speakers and re-badged them "Venue Series"

Anyone familiar with the highly regarded JBL NSP1 will remember that one box package came with ...

1) Four: JBL N24's
2) One: JBL N-Center
3) Wall Mounting Gimbaled Brackets for each JBL N24's

I bought a set for $223 shipped!!! :D Add a sub, and you've got a HT setup that will fill a medium to small room w/wide, smooth dynamic sounds, ... that will sound like a real theater!!! (powered-sub required!)

Not my words, although I agree with Brent Butterworth when he wrote ...

For the high's, JBL uses their own pioneered 3/4" Titanium-laminate dome, shielded, with EOS waveguide (EOS waveguide copied from JBL Award Winning PRO LSR Studio Monitors - your starting to see the EOS waveguide incorporated in the latest Revel & Infinity speakers)

The Venue Series does not include an equivalent JBL NSP1 package, but you can get them individually ...

1) Two Sets: JBL Venue "Tour" / 2-Way, 4" Bookshelf/On-Wall Speaker (Wall-mount brackets are included)

2) One: JBL Venue "Voice" / 2-Way, Dual 5" Center Channel Speaker

When the discount internet prices start showing up @ the Authorized JBL dealers, you can get a great HT setup without selling your dog or kids!

Other Venue Series Bookshelf & Floor Standing models are available to fit anyone's preference, and ALL Models are Timbre-Matched to the JBL Venue "Voice" Center Channel Speaker.

NOTE: For sub duties, ... I'd recommend Any SVS powered sub!

For More JBL N-Series INFO, Click HERE!

Phil

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Phil, do you know what happened? Did JBL have some extra N-series speaker enclosures gathering dust?

RichardH

Supporting Actor
The NSP-1 !! I remember those. Man, everyone was getting those and the Sony sub (don't remember exact model number). I wonder how many thousands of people have that exact setup to this day! Of course, Phil I., aka "JBL Phil" =D is on point w/ the new info! BTW, I'm a big JBL fan too!

Elliott_P

Agent
So I've recently moved and my dedicated theater room is small so I've been looking for something to mount on the walls as opposed to having my e30's and e35 out on the floor. I was thinking of just buying three more E10's. Will these new Venue series on walls give me better performance than a room full of e10's?

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
I am still using the NSP-1 set and still think they are great. We just purchased our first home and will be moving in 2 weeks. I'll have to let you know how they do in our much larger living room.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Heck, I'm still using the old JBL LXE line(not highly regarded, but I like 'em), matched with an EC35 center, and it sounds like a real movie theater. It's not as good with music, but it's still above average compared to a lot of other setups.
I often think of upgrading with a newer setup. Phil, since you're the JBL expert, do you think I'd notice much of a difference with one of the newer JBL systems?

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

Well, ... I noticed a difference between the JBL J-Series (similar design to your JBL LXE) speakers. Starting with the original N- & S-Series (1999), the JBL speaker design team took Dr. Floyd Toole recommendation to incorporate a few of the JBL PRO LSR Studio Monitors technology, one being the EOS waveguide and direct A vs. B comparisons reveal that the N- & S-Series had a much wider, smoother and dynamic output up to 20 kHz. The sound field went beyond the physical speaker with excellent imaging and created a more revealing soundstage, ... the better the recording, the better the imaging & soundstage.

One area where you'd really notice a difference in your HT is the 360-degree seamless surround effects around you if all the speakers around you are based on the JBL E-Series, ... which are timbre-matched to your JBL EC35 center speaker.

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks