What's new

JBL SCS150SI's (1 Viewer)

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator
Went browsing at the local A/V stores today hoping I could listen to a few systems that would fit comfortably in my living room. Came across the JBL SCS150SI's at BestBuy and thought they sounded pretty good. Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts/comments on them?

Looking online, I see I can get them considerably cheaper than at BB.

Tom Fl

Grip
I bought the SCS150 at BB for $499, liked them at first but soon decided they were not going to cut it. They did fine for DD or DTS 5.1 but not for 2 channel music. While they had better midrange than some sub/sat speakers in that price range I found they still had holes in some frequencies. They did not seem "bright" enough for music, IMO. I can't recommend any alternatives since I decided to go a completely different route. These speakers proved to me why I have never bought sub/sat's in the past. If you like the sound of them and plan to use mainly for HT they could be a bargain.

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the response Tom. I ended up ordering them from B&H Photo for $359 and free shipping. I plan on using them primarily for HT though and being my living room is 1) oddly shaped, and 2) kind of small...they will do just fine. Should be arriving today too!

As mentioned they will be used primarily used for HT. Music is not a primary function of the receiver for now at least...:)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
No Subwoofer?

Or do you have one already, or one comes with the sets of speaks you bought?

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator
Come with a powered 10" front firing sub. They just arrived as a matter of fact. :D

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Not being up on JBL, I didn't know.

Excellent that they have arrived already.

Hope it fit the bill for you.

Get a Rat Shack Analog spl meter and cali disc (VE, Avia, S&V,) soon, if you have not already. Very important to get the most out of your system..

Enjoy
Geoff

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator
Good idea. Did not think of that. Need to go down the Ratshack anyway for something else.

Will post results once I have them set up. Nearly killed myself wrestling the box up the stairs into the apt. Hee hee.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks