What's new

JBL or Klipsch (1 Viewer)

Paulo C

Auditioning
Hi! Which brand is better? i'm choosing between JBL scs 178 and Klipsch promedia 5.1. Can anyone of you state the good and bad points of these products? thanks in advance.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
I dont know what will be you primary use for them.

I have audition the Promedia 5.1 Ultra, and for me they are the best computer speaker set. Very good sound quality, very detail, and good sub. Overall its the best there is. I cant comment on the JBLs SCS178 because I havent audition them, but I think the klipsch are very tough to beat.

Good luck with your choice.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
Paulo,

I'll be using it for movies as well as gaming (psx). Is it good in movies?
It's design for computers. As I said before, I think is the best set of computer speakers on the market, but they have their limitations due to size and design.

If you are powering a big room you might want to look elswhere, but if its for your computer and PS2 you will be ok. But remember that the Promedias Ultra doesnt have a decoder, so for it to work you will need something to decode the signal, in the case of the computers it is the sound card. In case of the PS2, it has stereo outputs as well as optical, but to make it work in 5.1 you will need a decoder. Now the Promedias GMX have a decoder built in them but I didnt like so much the sound of them, another computer speaker set that you could look are Logitechs Z-680, I think they have a decoder also, but check, dont take my word for it. And for me they sounded pretty decent for the price. The sub is a little boomy but works great in games and movies.

Good luck,

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
i have the klipsch promedia for my computer and if my computer sound device didnt go whacky on me i wouldnt have a home theater to date cause there pretty damn good and i've had ALOT of computer speakers, the control panel volume for them goes from 1-80 you'll never put it over 65 while watching movies but listening to music it doesnt quite get there if the volume could go higher im sure i would listen to music on like 85 or something. I was unaware you could get something that good for $400 or whatever they cost now and i dont care what anybody says the subwoofer kicks major buttocks for how much it cost, nothing but a foot rest for me now though..

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
Klipsch are a brighter speaker and JBLs are a more neutral speaker, you have to listen and decide for yourself....

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Most of Klipsch speakers are very efficient, therefore drive very easy and get very loud....quickly.... and they certainly seem very popular around here.......

As far as one vrs the other, it's all according to taste........ I prefer the older JBLs to the newer lines unless you get into the Pro or Tik series......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks