What's new

JBL Northridge - In search of best prices... (1 Viewer)

BrandonT

Auditioning
I currently run HLS610's as my fronts w/ an original N-center and N24's as my rears. My sub is the PB10 (haven't had any problems w/ it). I highly recommend picking up any of JBL's HLS models, if you can find them (they were discontinued). I love my N24's, too. They are a great surround speaker. My N-center works good, but I like the sound of the S-center much better. I helped a co-worker set up his system (N38ii towers, N24 surrounds, w/ the S-center and the PB10 sub) and I liked the sound of his S-center much more than my N-center. Though it's not exactly voice-matched w/ the N-series, I could tell no difference to be honest. I wish I would have stepped up to the S-center, but I will stick w/ my N-center because it does a sufficient job. Maybe when I get a new receiver (I am running a 3 or 4 year old Sony DE model - I know not to do that again) my center will sound a little better. I probably just need to fine-tune my system a little more. If I ever get enough money to upgrade my system, the center will be the first to go after I replace my receiver (looking at HK's or Denon's).

In regards to center speaker interference on the TV, I have never had any problems, but I have heard that if you unplug your TV, after you install your center channel, it will de-magnify it and you should not have any problems. Is there any truth to this rumor? Or is it just an old wives tale?

This isn't entirely on-topic, but related: I'm currently running the original JBL NSP package, and I wish to upgrade the mains and move those speakers to the rear for 6.1. What speakers should I use (same ones, or are there beefier models that will retain good imaging with the existing speakers?), and would it be feasible for me to run the rear channel speakers together at 4-ohms off one amp, as I only have a single amp channel available for the 6th channel. Thanks!

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks