What's new

JBL bookshelf vs wall-mount models (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I am in the process of getting some new speakers. The plan is to get 5.1 now, then down the road, move the front to surround and get some tower speaker for a 7.1 set-up. Eventually, when they are surrounds, these speakers will be wall-mounted, but for now there's nothing to mount them to.

I am looking at JBL 820s for this purpose. Will book-shelfing them negatively affect the sound? Is this a significatn issue? Would there be advantages to using 830s instead beyond the mount?

Also, for the center, I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to wall-mount thanks to an inconveniently placed window. Is the LC2 more expensive than the LC1 because it's a better speaker or just because it's wall-mountable?

aht3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Taylor

These are some really good questions and the folks on AVS will be able to help you further. I have not heard the 830s however, I use the 820 for surrounds and rears. They are four way speakers and sound really good to me. The LC2 basically has the same drivers as the L880 tower. It is a grat speaker and the price difference is probably due to the difference in the drivers and the cabinet design. I hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks