jazz at its finest!

Discussion in 'Music' started by jazzlovr1990, Jun 11, 2009.

1. jazzlovr1990

jazzlovr1990 Auditioning

Has anyone seen Diana Krall's new dvd "Live in Rio"? its amazing I’m a huge Diana Krall and I can say this dvd made me a bigger fan! It give you a closer look at Diana as a person and her music mixed with the vibe in Brazil is amazing! http://bit.ly/DianaKrallEPK

2. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I thought this thread was going to be about "Giant Steps" or "Kind Of Blue". I just picked up Sonny Rollins' "Volume 2" on LP and I love it.

3. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Jessica: Check out my mini-review I posted in this thread of the Blu-ray disc of the concert. The blu-ray has some tracks that the DVD apparently does not (rooftop sessions).

Since you are such a big Krall fan (as am I) I will have to check out your recommendation in your other thread of Melody Gardot. I am unfamiliar with her work.

4. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

Discovered Melody Gardot the other day on Sirius' Watercolors jazz channel and immediately bought her two albums. She's amazing. Just her voice is enough for me, but her story is truly inspirational. She was almost killed by a car while riding her bike when she was 19, and turned to music therapy to help in her recovery. She's still partially disabled; she wears an electro-stimulator to relieve intense spinal pain, is hyper sensitive to light (she always wears shades) and walks with a cane, but her music gets her through it. But even without this backstory, her songs, and the way she delivers them are inspiring in themselves. I can't get Who Will Comfort Me from My One and Only Thrill out of my head.

5. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Cool, Jeff. Thanks!