What's new

Jason X website/trailer now online! Coooool! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
For all my carnage-loving friends:
http://www.jasonx.com/flash_index.html
I can't wait to see this one...even though it's B-grade junk.
I love B-grade junk.
------------------
Scott Weinberg
------------------
ofcsminilogo2.gif

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Darn it, I'm not able to download it because I don't have some type of plug-in.
When is this film going to be released? I thought it was going to be released this past August.
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace
AIM: Aureus91 / DVDs / ICQ: 58566493

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I have been trying to download this for ages
I found out about this 6 or 7 hours ago and quicktime was playing up.
It has nearly finished downloading and the intro is awsome !
I AM A BIG FRIDAY THE 13TH FAN !!!
LONG LIVE JASON !!!!!!!!

Brad_W

Screenwriter
First, why do they have to call it "Jason X"? I mean, that's lame. The series is called, "Friday the 13th." That's like calling "A Nightmare On Elm Street"... Freddy. I think calling it "Jason" appeals to more non-fans that hear about these so-called "Jason Movies." I don't like the title.
I love the film series, but in space? I think they showed all the good parts in the trailer. I want to see it, but not because I think it's going to be good. I hate saying all these negative things about this trailer/movie, but man... I'm disappointed. I want to like this movie.
Watching it again, I have this to add:
I hate trailers that give away the WHOLE movie. And that's what this trailer did. It gave away so much that it shows how lame it's going to be. I mean, they even show what he looks like at the end!! Talk again giving away any suspense! Plus, the whole space marine type guys talking sounds sooo bad... real bad acting. The only real good thing about this trailer is the great plug for Drowning Pool go them!! Again, I hate saying these things because I want to like this movie, but man... how lame. I'll still see it though cuz I'm a sucker for "Jason Movies."
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed
[Edited last by Brad_W on November 10, 2001 at 03:36 PM]

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Brad you can't judge a movie on it's trailer
This movie looks awsome and it is in space, so what ?
I think it is a great idea.
I have spoke to a person who has seen it and spoke to the script writer and these are some of the parts he told me
Spoiler:Jason Freezes a girls head and smashes it against a table
Spoiler:Uber Jason - Enough Said, He looks awsome
Spoiler:Virtual Reality scene where he bangs a girl in a sleeping bag against a tree like in part 7
Spoiler:Over 20 kills
Jason X is a good name IMO. They used that because some people think of the F13 as a dead series so Jason X attracts more people I guess.
This movie looks awsome
[Edited last by Ricky f on November 10, 2001 at 03:37 PM]

Rich Corle

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, this movie looks awesome. I consdier myself to be a big horror and Friday the 13th fan so I've been waiting for this forever. Looks awesome. Fellowship of the Ring has 26 pages or something but this movie is gonna be the surprise of 2002.

Neil_S

Stunt Coordinator
Oh boy... First class cheeze. I never have been a big fan of the Friday movies... Something about them never held my interest and I don't believe I have ever sat through a whole one... Maybe I should...
Then again, I think I may have to see this one. Call me a sucker for in space horror movies.
The one thing that I don't like about it is the trailer looks WAY too much like Hellraiser: Bloodlines. Instead of Pinhead in space we get Jason in space.
If we had an "Evil Dead 4: Ash in Space", all would be right with the world.
I think I may be seeing this one alone though.. None of my friends have my um... sophisticated tastes in movies.
Neil

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Neil, now that you mention it, Jason X does look a lot like Hellraiser: Bloodline (a movie I love). I love Friday series, but this has gone too far. And least we not forget Leprechaun in Space!
Again, I reiterate that I will see this movie, but man it looks sooooo lame. The trailer revealed way too much and I can safely judge this movie by it's trailer-movie. I call it a trailer-movie because they basically show you the movie in the trailer.
I am a big big fan of horror, but this goes beyond necessary.
------------------
"People = Sh*t" - Slipknot
My Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

Neil_S

Stunt Coordinator
Well, being in the mood for a space horror movie, I had to watch Event Horizon again.
I forgot how disturbing that was. I had never seen it on DVD before. I cannot believe how vile the still shots were during the flashbacks. Sweet mother of all that's holy, I can't believe what I just saw ....
eek.gif

Now bringing it back to the Jason topic, according to Ricky f :
Spoiler:Jason kills a girl by freezing her and shattering her head.
As I was watching Event Horizon I couldn't help but think of this thread when
Spoiler:the frozen body shattered on the floor.
Now I'm looking forward to Jason X
blush.gif

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Neil,
Spoiler:It is not her body, Just her head from what I gathered
Brad, Fair enough. Space seems like a bad idea but I think Jason X will pull it off.
F13 needs a new direction to make any money and although space seems lame I think Jason X has done something far better than Hellraiser 4 or Leprechaun 4.
Jason X looks awsome and I have a feeling my opinion will be the same even after viewing the movie
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

Hubert

Second Unit
I must admit. This is about the STUPIDEST, LAMEST, MOST IDIOTIC film that's ever been given the green light. When's the last time one of these movies ever made any money? Maybe I'm off base here. But the person that greenlighted this movie ought to be fired. Anyone ever heard of just letting a series die. Good grief.
[Edited last by Hubert on November 11, 2001 at 02:35 PM]
[Edited last by Hubert on November 11, 2001 at 02:41 PM]

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Hubert if you saw the movie and then judged that would be fine but you have not
Jeez, Just because it is in space does not mean it is bad
And I don't think New Line bought Jason just to do one movie even though it was called The Final Friday.
Jason X is not supposed to win an oscar, Lighten up !
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

Hubert

Second Unit
I'm not judging it as a film, only the idea. But c'mon. This is what, the 10th film, and there hasn't been a good one yet in my estimation. And yes, I've seen them all. I thought the one where he went to New York was ridiculous. This takes the cake. Ricky, you've got to admit that the movie, and the premise and story is completely ridiculous. It's time for Jason to die already. I mean, I like cheese as much as the next guy, but let's use a little common sense. Jason on a spaceship, in the year 2455?
laugh.gif
Not only that, but he gets upgraded to a cyborg?
laugh.gif
Sorry Ricky. This is about the stupidest sounding thing I've ever heard of. What next? He lands on Mars and starts fighting aliens? Oh boy.
There comes a time when some things must die. I hope it didn't cost a lot because it's gonna bomb. I can't imagine it doing any good. And people call Episode I bad.
"Jason X is not supposed to win an oscar, Lighten up !"
Ricky, there are a lot of movies that aren't supposed to win an oscar. But at least they make a modicum of sense.
[Edited last by Hubert on November 11, 2001 at 05:53 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks