Jane Russell dead at age 89

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Henry Gale, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

://www.variety.com/article/VR1118033033

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 17.0px; font: 14.0px Arial}

Jane Russell, the voluptuous, heavily promoted star of Howard Hughes' controversial Western "The Outlaw," who later proved herself to be an adept comedienne and singer in such films as "Paleface" and "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes," died Monday, Feb. 28 in Santa Maria, Calif. She was 89.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/afterword/2011/02/actress-jane-russell-star-of-howard-hughes-the-outlaw-dies-at-89.html

2. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

This caught me off guard more than any other celebrity passing of recent years. She was announced to appear at the Chicago Hollywood show at the end of March and I just received a poster in the mail 2 days ago that I was going to have autographed. I was greatly looking forward to meeting Ms. Russell and assumed that she was in good health with the show already announced.

R.I.P.

3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    When you get that age, you can have good health then all of a sudden get sick and go real fast. Actually, I mistakenly thought she already passed a few years back. May she R.I.P. I particularly liked her films with Robert Mitchum as they had good film chemistry together.

Crawdaddy

4. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Sad news. Not a huge fan but I liked her in the two Bob Hope Paleface films. R.I.P.

5. Robin9

Robin9 Cinematographer

Robin
    I watched Gentlemen Prefer Blondes last night. Jane Russell was excellent. When she was given decent material and a good director, Jane was really something.