What's new

Jane Russell dead at age 89 (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
://www.variety.com/article/VR1118033033

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 17.0px; font: 14.0px Arial}

Jane Russell, the voluptuous, heavily promoted star of Howard Hughes' controversial Western "The Outlaw," who later proved herself to be an adept comedienne and singer in such films as "Paleface" and "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes," died Monday, Feb. 28 in Santa Maria, Calif. She was 89.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/afterword/2011/02/actress-jane-russell-star-of-howard-hughes-the-outlaw-dies-at-89.html

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
This caught me off guard more than any other celebrity passing of recent years. She was announced to appear at the Chicago Hollywood show at the end of March and I just received a poster in the mail 2 days ago that I was going to have autographed. I was greatly looking forward to meeting Ms. Russell and assumed that she was in good health with the show already announced.

R.I.P.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
When you get that age, you can have good health then all of a sudden get sick and go real fast. Actually, I mistakenly thought she already passed a few years back. May she R.I.P. I particularly liked her films with Robert Mitchum as they had good film chemistry together.

Crawdaddy

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched Gentlemen Prefer Blondes last night. Jane Russell was excellent. When she was given decent material and a good director, Jane was really something.

Users who are viewing this thread