What's new

James Bond on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I would like to purchase a couple of the Bond films on DVD but I am having trouble finding them at Bestbuy and Amazon has them listed all together. Are the films all sold together in a set or can I get them seperately in their SE forms? the Bond films that I'm mainly interested in are
  • The spy who loved me
  • Tommorow never Dies
  • Octopussy
Is it possible for me to buy these titles by themselves? I'd like to purchase the special editions. Thanks.

Ed Francisco

Stunt Coordinator
I think these are on "moratorium" and will probably be rereleased when the new James Bond flick comes out. If you absolutely have to have them, I suggest you check out Ebay or Half.com

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
While all the Bond titles are out of print, they can still be found individually at many stores and online sites. I just checked www.dvdempire.com , and they listed all three titles you mentioned as being in stock. I am sure that other sites also have them available.

Rob N

Agent
Keith - I've been a casual fan of the Bond films for some time but it wasn't until recently that I wanted to have some of them on DVD. I too found them hard to find. They are out of print but, you still may have some luck if you know where to look. All of the large chains (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.) in my area have been out of them for a while.

However, some of the smaller places in my area still have some. Try a place that sells music CD's or a book store and they might have a DVD section. I got "For your eyes only" about a week ago at Barnes & Nobel. One place I've also had luck with is a place that sells used CD's/DVD's. By the way, the Bond SE's were sold in three box set's as well as each film separtly.

Good Hunting.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
If you buy Octopussy, make sure that the white label at the top of the case has 6 asterix around the title. It should look like this "***Octopussy***". The very first release of that was missing sub-titles, but this was corrected. The correct version is labelled with the asterix. This also goes for Never Say Never Again (which was missing footage at the layer change) and The Living Daylights (which was also missing sub-titles).
Neil

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
Rob T:

Search around on the archives here for the Zimmer replacement covers. (I think that's his name) He made an amazing set of dvd covers for all the james bond discs that line up perfectly.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
His name was "Zinema". His covers were fantastic, but they had a lot of typos on them. I understand that he was going to correct them, and then his HD crashed. Don't know if we'll ever get to see the revised covers. :frowning:
Neil

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
If you have a HASTINGS store near you, they have individual Bond titles for sale. They are close to MSRP price though.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Here are a couple of online resources on the Bond collections that you may find helpful:
Link Removed
dvdmg.com

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I have all the Bond dvds and only purchased the Brosnan titles new. The others were bought off eBay or at local record shops that deal in used dvds. Got pretty good prices on them, too! Good luck...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks