What's new

James Bond individual Blu-rays Target, Best Buy, and Wal-mart exclusives? (1 Viewer)

FanboyZ

Second Unit
Real Name
Zolly Shoah Ben-Becker
I had to send back 5 discs from the Bond 50 set to Fox/Mgm as they were just too visibly scratched.
Every disc is scratched to some degree- it bothers me.

I still don't see OHMSS, TSWLM, or YOLT on Best Buy's website. I hope there won't be any problem picking these up next Tuesday.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Rob Kilbride said:
I still don't see OHMSS, TSWLM, or YOLT on Best Buy's website. I hope there won't be any problem picking these up next Tuesday.
Not on the web yet, but the advance/leaked ad for next week does show all 3 BBY exclusives for 9.99 so pretty good chance they;re going to all be instore at least in some volume

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by David Norman /t/324068/james-bond-individual-blu-rays-target-best-buy-and-wal-mart-exclusives/60#post_3989742
Not on the web yet, but the advance/leaked ad for next week does show all 3 BBY exclusives for 9.99 so pretty good chance they;re going to all be instore at least in some volume

I do like the price point. Too bad, though, Upgrade and Save is over if your want these titles.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
So, I started watching A View to a Kill last night. Nice, healthy level of grain present, and it looks like film. The Duran Duran music video hasn't aged well though, but given its campy nature, one grade above VHS (3/4" U-Matic maybe?) seems appropriate.

Vortex3D

Auditioning
Real Name
Vortex3D
FanboyZ said:
I had to send back 5 discs from the Bond 50 set to Fox/Mgm as they were just too visibly scratched.
Every disc is scratched to some degree- it bothers me.
I have found even Blu-ray scratch resistance coating is very sensitive to paper cardboard movie case. The only Blu-ray discs I have that got scratched are those using the paper cardboard casing.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jason_V said:
I do like the price point.  Too bad, though, Upgrade and Save is over if your want these titles.
Maybe a bit of a tweak -- each looks like it has $10 Movie Cash for Skyfall. I'd be getting them at 9.99 anyway with or without the U&S, but the extra Movie Money certainly
is a nice bonus.
I can't see it in this thread, but somebody reported the 14.99 Target disc had been dropped to 9.99 to fall into line with the other 8 exclusive so it'
looks like it was a pricing error afterall as expected. Now I just have to go back for a price adjustment

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by David Norman /t/324068/james-bond-individual-blu-rays-target-best-buy-and-wal-mart-exclusives/60#post_3990198
Maybe a bit of a tweak -- each looks like it has $10 Movie Cash for Skyfall. I'd be getting them at 9.99 anyway with or without the U&S, but the extra Movie Money certainly
is a nice bonus.

I forgot about that part and certainly plays a part in the purchase. I'm going to Skyfall with a party of three, so, assuming I pick these up, admission is paid for. Thanks for the reminder, David!

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
So is Walmart's GOLDENEYE Blu-ray worth getting or should I just stick with the 2004 DVD? I want something that's a little more than just a marginal improvement. Most of the reviews I've read suggest the picture quality isn't exactly mindblowing.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by cineMANIAC /t/324068/james-bond-individual-blu-rays-target-best-buy-and-wal-mart-exclusives/60#post_3990462
So is Walmart's GOLDENEYE Blu-ray worth getting or should I just stick with the 2004 DVD? I want something that's a little more than just a marginal improvement. Most of the reviews I've read suggest the picture quality isn't exactly mindblowing.
In my opinion, it's the poorest transfer in the collection.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
It's the worst transfer, but it's still significantly better than the original or UE DVDs.

FanboyZ

Second Unit
Real Name
Zolly Shoah Ben-Becker
I'd argue Goldeneye and Thunderball are tied- but the fake grain gives Thunderball an aesthetic andvantage.

Steven_M Grimes

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like Best Buy has their exclusives on their web site now. What's more, they showed as in stock and available when I placed my order.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Steven_M Grimes /t/324068/james-bond-individual-blu-rays-target-best-buy-and-wal-mart-exclusives/90#post_3990770
Looks like Best Buy has their exclusives on their web site now. What's more, they showed as in stock and available when I placed my order.

I see the same thing. Assuming the stock information is correct, the U&S promotion will still be applicable. Now, it all depends on the price of the discs. One listing for OHMSS shows $14.99, the other $9.99.

Steven_M Grimes

Stunt Coordinator
I just got my store pickup confirmation, so I guess they really have them. I got THE SPY WHO LOVED ME and ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE. Both were $9.95.

Vortex3D

Auditioning
Real Name
Vortex3D
Steven_M Grimes said:
I just got my store pickup confirmation, so I guess they really have them. I got THE SPY WHO LOVED ME and ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE. Both were $9.95.
All the Best Buy stores around my area on the web now showing those 3 Bond are available. But when I called two of the BB stores but neither of them has any of them. They do have inventory truck coming to the stores today so maybe the movies are in the truck.
Question: Does any of your Bond come with Skyfall movie voucher?

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Schuyler
Steven_M Grimes said:
I just got my store pickup confirmation, so I guess they really have them.
I got mine, too. The confirmation says nothing about waiting until street-date. I wonder what the odds are I could walk out with my discs if I went in today.

Vortex3D

Auditioning
Real Name
Vortex3D
Doctorossi said:
I got mine, too. The confirmation says nothing about waiting until street-date. I wonder what the odds are I could walk out with my discs if I went in today.
Same with me. Before I ordered mine, BB web store said they are all in stock. When I called the store, their computer said none available. After I placed my order over the web, it showed as ready for picked up. Called the store back and they do have them in stock.
So, if your BB store is telling something like mine, they may have the movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks