James Bond individual Blu-rays Target, Best Buy, and Wal-mart exclusives?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by -, Sep 28, 2012.

1. DChapple

DChapple Auditioning

I just watched the WM exclusive BD GOLDENEYE today.
    The GOOD:
    The print of Goldeneye looks to be different from the TV print used for the Ultimate Edition dvd. The titles are not exclusively in the center, but properly flow from left to right as originally screened.
    The picture seemed properly framed as well and not zoomed and cropped as in the UE.
    The BAD:
    But, the teaser trailer is different than the one in the UE dvd. The second trailer should end with Bond shooting the letters until he ends up with "007." Then he walks out of shadow into the foreground and says the line, "You were expecting someone else?"
    This line is intact in the Ultimate Edition dvd, but is not in the Blu-ray.
    So hold onto your Ultimate Editions after all if you want the complete trailer.

2. Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor Supporting Actor

Picked up all 3 of the Target exclusives and they only had 1 of each! They now have zero left.
    Picked up all 3 of the Wal-Mart exclusives at a Super Walmart, leaving only 1 copy of Goldeneye and several copies of the other 2.
    Thanks to members on this forum I didn't make the 5 mile drive to Best Buy but called them instead. They had no idea what I was talking about.

My guess is that Target and Wal-Mart will restock but wow what a pitiful release date inventory!

Although Best Buy didn't have any of their exclusives out yet, they did have a thousand copies of Lost in Space.....

3. Charles Smith

Charles Smith Extremely Talented Member
    Supporter

Charles Smith
    They had a thousand copies of Cinderella, which actually surprised me.

4. Steve_Pannell

Steve_Pannell Supporting Actor

Steve
    Looks like the plan is working. :D

5. RichardSC

RichardSC Extra

I talked to someone at Best Buy on their online order phone system and explained the frustration on the Bond blu-rays. The person on the other end took down my complaint and understood the situation and was going to see what answers were forthcoming.

6. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

Most likely the only answer forthcoming is that Best Buy will soon be going the way of Circuit City.

7. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins
    I still don't understand how they outlasted Circuit City. Circuit City was a far better place to shop than Best Buy, in my opinion.

8. MattAlbie60

MattAlbie60 I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific

Stephen Lilley
    Of the two, Best Buy just had (ever so slightly) better prices. Apart from that, they were essentially the same store.

9. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer
    Supporter

John Moreland

10. mikeyhitchfan

mikeyhitchfan Supporting Actor

Mike
    Went to 2 Walmarts and no luck. Came home and read they're only at Walmart Superstores, so I went to that one and they had 4-5 of each exclusive title there. Had to go to 2 Targets, but got all 3 there.

11. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Only had to hit one Target for View to a Kill, Tomorrow Never Dies and Living Daylights. We were going in anyway, so no special trip was needed.

12. MishaLauenstein

MishaLauenstein Supporting Actor

Misha Lauenstein
    Ordered all 6 from Future Shop in Canada on September 28 and they haven't shipped. Nothing has arrived and all the items on my order show as "Out of Stock". The individual item listings now show as "Not Available" via their website. I called and after twenty minutes of research the CSR claims they're in the warehouse and will ship soon.
    Went to the nearest store at noon on Sunday and they had one copy of "A View to a Kill" and two copies of "The Living Daylights" and the rest were sold out. Seems like they had only two copies of each. None of the other four are available within 30 miles, but all six show available at about four stores in the badlands. I can't even buy them 'just in case' they don't ship before the movie vouchers expire. ::(

13. Rl3058

Rl3058 Extra

I pre-order my Wal-mart exclusives, I went to target and got all 3 from there, the best buy ones were MIA.

14. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

Where I live, Wal-Mart had the full display case out. I bought DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER and the corrected THUNDERBALL at $10 each. Best Buy had nothing, knew nothing, and did nothing so I will have to wait on OHMSS and YOLT. Target had no information and no discs, either, but said if I had read the discs were supposed to be there to check back later for THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS.
    Don't you just love how Fox and EON make you work for your Blu-rays?

15. AlexF

AlexF Supporting Actor

Alex
    The iocal Best Buy had all 6, and 5+ copies of each. I only saw "The Living Daylights" at the Future Shop, but I wasn't looking too closely.

16. mikeyhitchfan

mikeyhitchfan Supporting Actor

Mike
    Best Buy's are coming Oct 23rd. That's what I've read. What's been 'corrected' on Thunderball?

17. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    Picked up You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me and A View to a Kill yesterday at Future Shop for $9.99 each. Each disc comes with a code for $10 off a ticket to Skyfall, so really a no brainer. Have only watched Spy so far, but it looks solid, with the exception of the windowboxed credits, which show vertical pillars even on my 32" Sony, which has some overscan. Let you know what I think of the rest as I go through them.

18. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    I just searched walmart.com and Goldeneye is out of stock online and not available for in store pickup. There's not even an option to see if a store has it. My Walmart is poor on stocking blu rays in general and new releases are even worse. I asked an employee if they had Goldeneye and he said what you see Is what we got. He couldn't have cared less about helping me.

19. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

I bought the new Thunderball on the basis of a post in the other thread. I had to go looking for the answer. Post #1096:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/317593/mgm-press-release-bond-50-blu-ray/1080
    And then, to my complete surprise, I found this in #1120:
    Worth owes me $10.

20. MishaLauenstein

MishaLauenstein Supporting Actor

Misha Lauenstein
    Tried to redeem the $10.00 Canadian voucher today, and the computer told me: This promotion is not yet live.
    Please come back on 10/23/2012.
    This seems to support the idea that something is happening on the 23rd.
    Perhaps Future Shop in Canada will get the remaining 3 on that date too. One employee told me they were going to be getting them "in waves."