What's new

Jackie Brown - Trivia Track problem corrected or not? (1 Viewer)

Antonio Silva

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I want to purchase the "Jackie Brown Collector's Edition" dvd from Amazon. I know that there was a problem with the trivia track. Can anyone tell me if this problem as been corrected or if there was a recall of the dvd?

Basically, what i would like to know is: If i order "Jackie Brown" from Amazon, will i get the corrected version or the one with the problem?

Cheers and thanks a lot,

António

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
It has been corrected. The problem is this: there is no way by looking at the packaging to know whether or not you got the correct one or not. By this time, I'd imagine that amazon.com has exhausted their supply of the defective sets and is just selling the corrected ones but I have to honestly guess that there's a good chance that they might have some of the defective ones. That's going to be the case regardless of where you buy the DVD, however, due to the lack of any distinguishing marks on the packaging.

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
Like Bill said, there's no way to figure out if you're getting the defective version or not by looking at the packaging, but I would suggest that if you really want this set, to go ahead and pick it up. Even if you do get the defective version, BVHE is very nice about replacing the disc. They even sent me a prepaid mailing label to return the disc to them, and the whole exchange process went very quickly (about two weeks total).

Jim Spencer

Stunt Coordinator
I just got this from Columbia House Canada, and its the old disc with the sync problem in the trivia track. Damn. Guess I'll have to call and see if I can get a new one.

Jim Spencer

Stunt Coordinator
The first instance of the trivia track not synching up w/ the movie seems to occur at 1:01:16. In this scene, Jackie Brown is meeting with ATF agents Dargas and Nicolette. At this precise point in the subtitle track, a trivia subtitle pops up that is related to Melanie watching "Mad Dog". Approximately 52 seconds later, Melanie is actually shown watching "Mad Dog". Everything from this point on appears to feature the same odd synch: the trivia appears approximately 52 seconds prior to it's appropriate visual.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks