What's new

Jackie Brown Corrected DVD Available (1 Viewer)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

I just received my replacement copy of Jackie Brown yesterday. The packing looks indentical to the my original copy. Both the number on the spine and the UPC are the same.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
paul did you put it in the player to see...hear if it was a corrected version?

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
If the files are dated 7/17/2002, doesn't that mean they knew about the problem long before the release date but didn't do anything about it?
If by "long" you mean 4 weeks, probably. But there's not much they could have done by that point, other than recall every bad DVD and replace them, and that would have been costy. Probably easier and certainly cheaper to do it this way, particularly when many won't even care about the subtitle fact track. They screwed up.

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to chime in and let everyone know that my replacement copy of "Jackie Brown" arrived yesterday (it was waiting on me when I got home from the parents). I'm about as technically savvy as a lump of mud, so my only check of the disc was to see if the synching problem was still there, and thankfully, it wasn't. I just watched the three or four minutes in question to make sure, but, at least on my new copy, everything is fine.

So, if you've got a callback from the BVHE people, keep your eyes on your mailboxes for the corrected discs!

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Joseph, I called the number that's been posted in this thread yesterday, and they said that they'd have the corrected DVD mailed out to me. They didn't even ask me to return the defective one-just said that the new disc was on its way. Quite impressive...

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
I called and the lady said they wanted the WHOLE package. They were doing the same sending the prepaid label. I thought they are doing a good job of replacing these discs.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
The woman I spoke with at BVHV today asked me to read her a number off the defective disc itself. If you look at the data (gold) side of Disc 1, there are several numbers in the inner ring. She was after the number that began with an X.

The number on my defective DVD is X55004-1.

Anyone with a non-defective copy care to chime in with what their number is?

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
The number on the back of the corrected disc that I have is X55004-3, Ken. They asked me the same thing when I called to arrange for a replacement so I'd assume this is their way of differentiating between the recalled version and the new version.

Christopher D

Second Unit
Does this problem show up on all players, or only a few? I'm really tired of exchanging defective discs, but if it's widespread I suppose I'd better.

Gregory E

Second Unit
After debating whether it was worth my time and Buena Vista's money to call and exchange the disc, I finally called yesterday and was very impressed with their customer service. They were polite, fast, and professional. Now we'll see how long it takes me to get a new set of DVDs...

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I sent in my copy of Jackie Brown something like a month ago and still haven't received my replacement yet. Anyone else have these delays?

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Mark, call them up. When I sent mine in it turned out they wrote my address incorrectly. Once I called and corrected the error I received my copy within a week.

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine recently. However, I watched some of the corrected disc and noticed a significant amount of shadowing (is this what edge enhancement is?)of characters (if you look at Jackie Brown, for example, you see a slight outline shadow of her as well).

Was this present on the "non-corrected" disc?

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Just rec'd the return mail label and Consumer DVD Info Form from BVHE. They did not provide an envelope or box to send it in.

I'm assuming I can recycle a normal small box, etc. and affix the label and mail? Does it matter how big a package you send them (bubble pack envelope vs. small box - a la amazon.

I'm assuming BVHE pay for shipping of what you end up sending them when they receive package.

Just curious...

Thanks,
Felix

Gregory E

Second Unit
Felix, I think it is up to you what you return your DVDs in. I sent mine in a regular bubble envelope and it was fine. I recieved my replacement about 10 days after I sent it back.

I'm pretty darn sure they put the new discs in my old case, shrinkwrapped it, and mailed it back to me.

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
Felix,
They actually sent my replacement to me first (since I was one of the first people to call in once the glitch was found, according to the woman at BVHE's telephone service) and I was able to use the same envelope to send it back. I've had quite a bit of experience with pre-paid mailing labels though, and I can tell you that as long as you put it on an envelope or box of any size or style (use your own judgment), there shouldn't be a problem. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks