Jack Reacher (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Andy_Munich said:
I just hope that one day, when I really need the help, I'll be able to enlist the aid of an incredibly competent and loyal old sharp shooter whom I've just met hours before.
Or I'll just call up Rich!
(Please don't kill me, Mr. Gallagher)
Wow Andy makes a rare appearance and a clever one.
I hope to see it tomorrow or Sunday.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
A special thanks to Paramount for allowing us to see Jack Reacher.
I enjoyed the movie very much and unfortunately cannot provide any quantum physics calculation as to a rating of the film. :D
I will admit to not having read any of the books prior to seeing this so perhaps any preconceptions about the character as described in the book series did not lessen the entertainment value of the movie.
My wife and I did go back and see the movie again on release day and found the presentation (theater setup / sound) not as memorable as seeing it on the Paramount lot.
Thank you again Paramount for the sneak of Jack Reacher and the visit to your fantastic studio.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I will say that, when I heard Paramount was going to sneak peek Jack Reacher for us, my expectations were very low. This was based on the horrible teaser trailers I had seen that said absolutely nothing about the movie, and basically said "Come see Tom Cruise play a tough guy in a cool, classic muscle car!"
I walked out of the theater pleasantly surprised, having seen what I thought was an above-average thriller, and was happy to see as the release date approached, Paramount came up with trailers that conveyed what the movie was. But I still think it was not the franchise-launcher that the studio had hoped for.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I had never heard of this character until seeing the God-awful teaser. This bad teaser is why I held off as long as I did in seeing this but overall I thought it was a very good movie. It could have been one of the best of the years but I think the director was in over his head and didn't nearly get enough out of the material as a better one would have. I thought the story was great, the actors were great and the car chase has to be one of the best in recent memory if not the best since the 70's golden age chase pictures. I really, really, really loved seeing Werner Herzog here because he actually made you believe the entire story with the fingers. Not even Brando could have sold this scene as I'm certain Herzog was the only person in film history that could have. When that man speaks you just have to believe whatever he says. I thought Cruise was excellent in the part and very believable as the "drifter." The humor was great and especially the sequence in the bar. Again, the direction really didn't bring all the drama and tension out of the story and I think this is an R-rated film hiding in a PG-13 rating. I think it could have been better had they really gone for more. With that said, I hope the lesser-than-normal-Cruise box office doesn't hurt future films as I'd like to see this character back in action.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Well, I used up a free attendance ticket on this. I still feel like I overpaid. The ending of this film is a garbled mess that is one of the most unrewarding conclusions of a mystery I've ever seen. I know it was supposed to come across differently, but all I kept thinking is: this is really lame. Originally, Cruise was in the hunt to play Mitch Rapp in a potential Mitch Rapp series, after seeing this, I'm glad that franchise was put on hold for a bit.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Although I think he'd make a better Rapp than he does a Reacher.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks