I've seen a lot of bad football, but the Dallas Cowboys really stink up the joint.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KeithH, Dec 21, 2002.

1. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

The Dallas Cowboys offense plays a brand of football that should be banned from the league. I mean, they are really terrible. I'm watching the Eagles-Cowboys game tonight, and the Cowboys offense has been absolutely horrid. Note that I am not an Eagles fan, just a football fan. If I am Bill Parcells, I'm not sure I take this head coaching job...if it is offered to me.

2. Paul O

Paul O Stunt Coordinator

Is Quincy Carter still around? Seems like they were more competitive when he was the QB.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Paul, I'm not sure why the Cowboys are going with Hutchinson. I also don't know why Emmitt is spending so much time on the bench.
    Newsflash: The Cowboys scored! Whoo-hoo! [​IMG]

4. James St

James St Supporting Actor

Didn't see the game tonight but can they really be worse then the Bengals?

5. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

6. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Which is why Jones is trying to woo Bill Parcells back to coaching the Cowboys.

Crawdaddy

7. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

I cannot imagine why Parcells would take the Cowboy job with Jerry Jones still acting as GM. Parcells seemed like he was campaigning for the job in an interview on ESPN last night, when he said that he did not need to have complete control. Of course, he also said that would be the case only if there was someone competent making personnel decisions. Jones certainly does not fit that criteria.

Parcells could have any NFL job opening he wants, so why put up with Jerry Jones?

Dallas is one of the worst teams in the league, but they do have competition in the Bungals (of course), the Lions, the Panthers and the Cardinals. I'll give Houston a break, since this is their first year in the league. The 'Boys offense looks terrible, but the defense is quite good.

8. Ricky Hustle

Ricky Hustle Supporting Actor

As a Cowboy-hater, I could not be more pleased right now! [​IMG]

9. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

10. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

At least you Cowboy fans have 3 recent Super Bowl Victories to look back upon. As a disgruntled lions fan I am left longing for the days of Wayne Fontes..

Brandon

11. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

12. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

The main issue with the Cowboys this year has been their O-Line. I sincerely doubt any quarterback worth his salt would be able to do much given their line.
    I like Hutch as a QB. I think he'll be fine once they get a line together. They should be a high draft pick and a new Coach so perhaps they sign a Left/Right Tackle out of free agency or Draft pick and that should help out alot. An attitude change via a coach will help as well. With the way this league is you never know how good they might be next year.

13. Anthony_D

Anthony_D Stunt Coordinator

how sweet it is!!! Cant wait for the Patsies to go down this year too

14. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

And they almost beat the Niners a few weeks ago. [​IMG] The Bengals beat the Saints today when the Saints needed a win to stay alive in the playoff hunt. Parity at it's best.

15. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I easily see Parcells clashing with Jerry Jones the way Jimmy Johnson did. Parcells needs control, regardless of what he said in the interview with Chris Mortensen on ESPN yesterday. Jerry Jones will not give him that control. As was said last night on ESPN, remember the quote that Parcells made when he was coach of the Patriots. If he is took do the cooking, he wants to shop for the groceries. I don't see Jerry Jones letting go of the reigns, even for a proven head coach like Parcells.

16. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Stunt Coordinator

17. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

18. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I wonder if Parcels would be offered a piece of the team. By the end of his coaching career, he was literally suffering poor health because of it. He also has nothing left to prove. There needs to be something special to entice him back into the arena.

19. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

20. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

For now, sports fans in Dallas have to concentrate on round ball and hockey.

For the Cowboys, I can’t imagine that Jones will be able to hire a ‘control freak’ coach. And it seems as all of the great coaches fit into the control freak category.