What's new

iTunes Sounds Quality all messed up?!?! (1 Viewer)

RentBaxley

Agent
I have been using iTunes for about a week now and I am loving it. All of a sudden all tracks that I have on my computer (even those played directly from a CD) start to sound incredibly bad. Almost like there is a bad conneciton in my desktop speakers. All music sounds perfectly normal out of RealPlayer and Windows MediaPlayer. Any thoughts?

Alex_C

Stunt Coordinator
do a google search for rhapsody music.

It's $9.95 a month for unlimited listening. It also has radio stations and custom radio stations.
The sound is really good.

You get a week free. Try it.

James St

Supporting Actor
Comcast HSI subscribers will be getting a free subscription to Rhapsody RadioPlus starting in February.

Alex_C

Stunt Coordinator
The problem with internet radio stations is the quality is poor. On Rhapsody the streams are all 128k which is really sweet.

DaveNel

Second Unit
Yeah its great listening to Rhapsody, But I also listen to
netscape radio.. Its to almost as good if not the same. Its all digital music. 175 continual channels of music, plus
they have dedicated channels as well.

To all that had AOL and dropped the service that liked
radio AOL, Well good news.. Netscape radio is the same thing
AOL got it from netscape and put the AOL trademark on it.

DaveNel

Second Unit
No Netscape radio is free, Just follow the link I put up..
just download the file install and listen.. Let me know how you think it campares to Rhapsody

Alex_C

Stunt Coordinator
I downloaded it. I don't think the quality compares to Rhapsody. It sounded like the music was coming from a tin can, if that makes sense. It could have been the stations I was listening to or something else.
With Rhapsody the sound is always the same and it's always good.

RentBaxley

Agent
I am really just looking for a software program that will organize and play the music i already have stored on my PC. I travel a lot for work and really don't spend much time at home. I have XM for travel purposes. Is there a software program that will organize and play music? I like the way iTunes functions, it just won't play my music!

Alex_C

Stunt Coordinator
Use Winamp or Foobar. You should use the ASIO or Kernel Streaming plug-ins for the best sound quality.
Winamp is much easier to use but foobar has better sound. . . some say.

RentBaxley

Agent
I figured it out. I foudn this on the iTunes forum page. worked just fine! thanks all.

* quit iTunes
* open Windows Control Panel - QuickTime entry
* Sound Out option, set it to 'wavout:Windows preferred device' -or- 'wavout:name_of_soundcard'
* reboot
* try iTunes again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks