What's new

iTunes question: unchecking all the songs (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -

i have a playlist that i created. i guess by default, all the songs are checked...as is my entire library of almost 8k songs.

how in the world do i uncheck all the songs at once? i can't believe i have to go one-by-one...???

essentially i want to burn a playlist, but not all the songs in it.

thx!

ted

edit - nm...i figured it out. control-click. sheesh!

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Now, Ted, how is a thread like this going to impact your popularity around here?

I'm just watching your back... :D

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Hold on a minute. Pretty soon the president is gonna be seen w/ an iPod at a press confrence then you'll be uncool again. :frowning:

Yes, holding the Ctrl button, while clicking on the box, will uncheck the entire playlist.

A better option, would be to just create a new playlist, just to burn.

Go into your library, and highlight what tracks you want to burn (be sure to hold the Ctrl button while you choose your tracks - you can highlight multiple tracks by doing this). From there, go into the File dropdown, and select New Playlist From Selection.

A playlist is automatically generated, and you can burn from there.

Just a thought.

-SDP

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hey..good tip stephen. thanks! :>)

the pres owns an ipod? sheesh!

(i'm on a mission to bring "sheesh" back...)

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
i say sheesh, and i am also cool because of my identical ipod to angelo.m

angleo, is that a dvd capture you made in your sig?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i've got the mini. love it!

speakin' to other ipod fans, have you guys had any luck with alternate head-phones?

i've tried the etymotic er-6 -- thought they sucked big-time. i was shocked at how bad they sounded...even though cnet gave them their best-pick award (or whatever it was called).

i've also tried the shure e3c -- a little better, but still kinda crappy. i'm only keeping them because my fiancee likes the way they feel.

for my money, i think the standard ipod headphones rock. they have so much more bass and just sound so clean. the e3c's can get decent bass, but you practically have to shove the thing into your ear canal -- and i tried all the different buds.

I use the 40g iPod. Hardcore music guy, I guess. Love it to death.

I use a pair of Koss KSC-50's. They've gotten GREAT reviews. Have outstanding bass response. Have 98% performance of what my Senn 590's do. Seriously. They're high enough imp. that the iPod has no problem driving them. For $20/pair, you simply CANNOT beat them.

Living the 'Apple lifestyle' is an interesting one, no?

-SDP

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Checkout this site for headphone info:

http://headroom.headphone.com/layout.php

I went with the Sennheiser PX200, which they like as well. I wanted a folder, sealed design, and they are fabulous. After years of buying Sony's at my local Best Buy or Walmart, these are REAL headphones.

Extremely comfortable as well.

BGL

cwhite

Second Unit
I bought a pair of Grado SR60s for my iPod and my own home system. But I still use the stardard earpods whenever I'm exercising. If I break those, I won't feel bad about it.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
The standard cans are good, but I'm not crazy about in-ear phones. They hurt my outer ear after a while.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I don't have an iPod but I do have the Koss KSC-55 headphones (wrap around style). They are great sounding, but are a major neural clamp, so I had to bend them open with a bit of heat to make them less painful to wear. If you aren't concerned about bulk I also recommend the Sennheiser 497.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah, i have some 20 dollar koss wrap-around headphones that i use at work. it has the volume control on the cord.

i must like these things...considering this is my second pair. i think they're great ... especially for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks