Jan 28 Partly Cloudy 68°/49°

Wed
Jan 29 Partly Cloudy 69°/49°

Thu
Jan 30 Showers 67°/47°

wayne-sun

Agent
Saskatoon Saskatchewan -36.4 degrees fahrenheit

The weather warning was "Exposed skin will freeze in Seconds" You know that ain't good.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
It's so cold that the heating can't compete with the outside air! The Thermostat is set at 25 but the meter (Magnet on the fridge) says it's 20! But the kitchen has a window and a door + the air vent from the dryer so that doesn't help. In the Living Room, the temp is normal.

Since it's so cold, the central heating system in my appartment complex probably can't function at maximum so that could explain.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Wayne and I win :p)

The only place on earth with a greater temperature variance than central Saskatchewan is Siberia ;)

From below -50C (with windchills to below -60C; that's below -80F) on a rare occation to the upper side of the mid 40's on a rare occation.

Oh and after what Wayne said, there are two guys at my work who have been biking every day still :eek:

I still remember a news report with a Saskatchewn boy in a sweat shirt helping push some cars in New York after they had a few inches of snow :D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
they're calling for a low of -29 tomorrow with a high of -7F
not too bad, could be much much worse.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I'll take the sub-zero weather over the hot and sticky summer weather any day of the week.

In my opinion, any time the temp goes over 65 degrees, it's too fucking hot out.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I'm with you brian. 65 is perfect motorcycling weather, warm enough to be comfortable but cool enough for full leather.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Awww poor guys, most of whom are outside in the cold for about 15 min in a day going to and from your car. :) Try having a construction job where you start work at 7am and don't get to wear comfy down jackets and scarfs. After that you'll never hear me complaining about cold weather again!

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"If it were to hit 40 around here people would be out walking in their shorts. "

That's me:D

Brent

-22.7 degrees C when I got up this morning --- not inckudind wind chill

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
5 F this morning (car has a thermometer). This is my personal record, though I am sure it gets much colder outside while I am sound asleep.

--
Holadem

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
My car temperature gauge said it was 8 degrees this morning. Probably colder with the wind chill. I don't mind it so much but damn, I wish we had some snow in the windy city. It looks ugly outside without it.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Drove to work this morning cause I need to run some errands at lunchtime, but believe it or not, I felt alot warmer when I was biking than the couple of feet getting to my car and starting it up. Casual pants are much colder than microsensor fleece and stuff! Heated seats are very nice.
Car's thermo was showing 11°F this morning. Tomorrow is supposed to be even colder so looks like another good day to get back to biking.

Jay

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
In my opinion, any time the temp goes over 65 degrees, it's too f*****g hot out.
Agreed. I'm very much a cool/cold weather person. Absolutely HATE heat and humidity - would much rather deal with cold wind and snow than heat that hits you like a hammer and turns your car into an oven.

Having said that, when it's cold enough to freeze the snot in your nose when you inhale, it's too cold!

Perfect day - a bit windy, sunny with big clumps of clouds, day time high of 55, night time low of 30-ish. I could deal with Autumn weather all year long very easily.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
well it was the same temp in farenheit as celcius in edminton this morning (-41C/F) so I think they win the record for the lowest temps this year. We were at -33C with the wind taking it down to -44C (-47F) which is cold when you're out at 6:30AM walking the dog:D

Dan B

Screenwriter
It's interesting to see that I'm not the only one who doesn't like temperatures above the 60s. That being said, it's been pretty cold around here lately. The current temperature is 5 & it'll be around -15 tonight. When it gets down to those temperatures you guys in Canada are having...man, it freezes your bones! :)

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
It was 80 degrees yesterday at my dad's house in Texas.
He actually got to run the air conditioner.
Unbelievable, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks