What's new

It's time for my annual question....."True Confessions"???? (1 Viewer)

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
Does anyone have any information about this movie being released on DVD?

And, while we're at it, does anyone know anything about "Enchanted April?"

TIA

SMK

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
No, but with THE BLACK DAHLIA in release now's the time, or to coincide with its DVD release (different studios, though).

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
... And it's my annual time to chime in with my support for this fantastic film. To think of all the free publicity Sony is letting go by with a cross promotion of The Black Dahlia ------ this simply boggles the mind.

Sony - you really are clueless.

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
God, it's too bad I missed that. I will have to watch Showtime's schedule more carefully to see if it pops up again.

SMK

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
If anyone is interested, I just found out that HDNet movies will be showing "True Confessions" on October 28. Luckily, I receive HDNet via D* and will be TiVo'ing it.

SMK

walter o

Supporting Actor
TRUE CONFESSIONS was announced for DVD last year, when MGM DVD was still putting out 10 titles a month, but was cancelled for some odd reason. Since they already have a nice widescreen master running on cable currently, you would think Sony would be smart to capitalize on BLACKL DALIHA film's release. Oh well.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
From Davis DVD:

MGM Home Entertainment will release the previously delayed True Confessions on April 17th. Robert De Niro and Robert Duvall headline this fine, yet underrated, 1981 drama based on the famous Black Dahlia murder case. The DVD will include an anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 2.0 audio track. Extras, if any, have yet to be revealed. Retail is $19.98.

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
I watched True Confessions on HDNet movies. I thought it was a very good transfer, and I presume it will look great on DVD. I used my DVD recorder to make a copy of it, but if the DVD has extras, I may buy it. If it had been released earlier, it would definitely have been a buy for me.

SMK

Herb Kane

Screenwriter

But... I just received this from Amazon.ca:

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We wanted to let you know there's a delay with one or more
items in the order you placed on April 11 2007 14:39 PDT
(Order#XXXXXX)

Did anyone actually receive this...??

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Herb,
I received my dvd from Amazon a couple of days ago. I live in the States so I don't know how that factors into the problem you're having in Canada.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I viewed this dvd yesterday and thought the dvd presentation was excellent. IMO, a very underrated film with some excellent acting performances from both, DeNiro and Duval. Just remember, that the dvd contains a WS and P&S presentations. Too bad they couldn't have left off the P&S and had an audio commentary. Oh well, at least we finally have the film in it's OAR.

Crawdaddy

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
Thanks for bringing up Enchanted April again. I even have my brother looking for it every time he goes to England hoping that it would have been released there. So far, no luck.

Anybody?

SMK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks