What's new

It's time for another Austin meet!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Hey guys long time no talk. I've been checking the forum off and on but my life has been quiet wild the last couple of years. I can't make it tonight but I do have a topic for you guys to talk about. First off my Mom has sold her house out at Barton Creek, and I have some equipment that needs a good home. I have a row of 4 and a row of 3 Cinelounger chairs for sale. Also a Runco DTV-882 CRT projector, a Pioneer Elite LD/DVD player and a Pioneer LD/CD player. Last a full Meridian Digital Theater sound system. 4 DSP5000 speakers, a DSP5000c center and 565/562V pre/pro combo.
The chairs need to go fairly quick since the closing is mid April, The rest of the equipment is at my house. I hope to get back to seeing you nuts more often starting this summer.

Later
Greg

Jonathan DA

Screenwriter
Thanks everyone for coming over last night, hope you all had a good, albeit somewhat academic, time last night. I really appreciate being able to demo future purchases in my own theater.

The AE900 is a great deal. I think if I didn't already have a projector, that would be a no brainer at $1500.

However, since I do have the CRT to tide me over, I think I'll wait till the Mitsu or new InFocus drop below $2000 and go that route. From where I was sitting, I saw just enough difference in black level, sharpness, and colors to make it worth a little extra to me. Of course if the Panny prices continues to fall and hits $1100ish by the time the Mitsu is $1900, then I may eat those words. Mainly, I worry about the luck of the draw on LCD projectors--you could get a perfect one, or you could end up with bad VB and misaligned panels. It looked to me like Ken got a pretty good unit, though, so maybe there's really nothing to worry about.

And for everyone who didn't make it, you missed out on Pelan's awesome chocolate raspberry THX certified cake. So think about that for next time!

Greg,

Put that Meridian system on Audiogon, it'll go in no time flat. I always liked that combination of components.

Humphrey

Stunt Coordinator
The meet was great. Jonathan and Jen's theater remodel looks awesome.

Greg I'm interested in the Cinelounger seats. Need pictures..... Left you voice mail. And actually have a trailer at the house for the next day or so...

Today, Jay and I picked up and installed Chads old screen in my place.The screen replaced my blindingly too bright SharpVision one. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: Thanks Chad. Wound up being the max size my theater can even support. I have about 1.5" on either side where the masking just isn't quite close enough. More than acceptable and leaps ahead of what I was using. Time to go tweek a little and watch some.

Jay.H

Stunt Coordinator
Jonathan and Jenn,
Thanks for hosting the meet Saturday. I was glad to get a chance to compare my AE700 with the AE900. The 900 looks good, but the difference is not enough to get me to cough up the ~$500 upgrade cost.

Greg,
We've never met, but it appears you were with the Austin HTF group when they were a little wilder. I'd show you my nuts, but you'd have to promise not to tell my wife. [She hides them from me 'cause I eat all the cashews and leave the rest.] :laugh:

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Boy is my face red. I fixed it. I've only been divorced for 6 months, I don't think I'm ready to give up and play for the other team yet.:b
Greg

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Greg, I didn't know you wre divorced. If I did, I wouldn't have taken all your money at poker 2 weeks ago.
And what's this about showing your nuts? I'll have to go back and read this thread. I haven't been on here since before Jonathan's HT meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks