It's starting! Black Friday And Cyber Monday Deals Already Announced

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Kevin Collins, Nov 1, 2013.

1. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Cinematographer

Howie
    Yeah, they have some *great* deals on older TVonDVD content! I've have a cart full of stuff since that sale started but can't bring myself to pull the trigger in case something better comes along! (Yeah... it's sad...)

VEI is offering Free Shipping to North America on Thanksgiving day for purchases of $50 or more. Many of their sets are less than US vendors and with Free Shipping quite a few are excellent bargains.

2. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    I recommend the ally oop method. Just hold your nose and jump! The water might be a little cold though..

The Mod Squad! Good to know there's a box set now. Wishlisted!

3. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Has anyone seen a complete list of the Walmart or Best Buy sale BD titles? I second frustration with Amazon's process this year!

4. David Weicker

David Weicker Cinematographer

David
    I've been looking for Iron Man 3, but so far haven't seen it advertised anywhere.As for Amazon, they appear to be going a few days out. But the lack of prices is infuriating.Last year they at least revealed the prices 24 hours in advance. This year there is something I might be interested in, but it goes on sale at 2:20 am (4:20 Chicago time). Without a price, I don't know if it's worth it to try and get up for it.

5. lvicious

lvicious Stunt Coordinator

Lance G
    so far these are the 3 links I have for walmart. I assume this is what you were asking for but seems some still are missing. Taken from this thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=231094I do not have BB list and I also did not reup my Elite status so I don't know what they are getting offered right now either.

I wonder if these will go on sale like they did last year when it hits Thursday tonight for Walmart that is. Amazon is really frustrating this year..
    http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=%26%2574%2561g%3d%2562l%2575r%2561yf%256fr%2575m%252d20?node=7782239011&tag=blurayforum-20$3.96 - http://www.walmart.com/cp/3.96/1161893$6.96 - http://www.walmart.com/cp/6.96/1161895$9.96 - http://www.walmart.com/cp/9.96/1161896?&

saw this flyer as well for BB which shows some titles: http://flyer.bestbuy.ca/preview/bestbuy?CMP=RZ-rz-131127-Sneak-Peak&fullsite=true&locale=en&postal_code=M9N4A1&preview_code=da94858e6c2fb875752f429b214fa2b31f2f3377&type=1#!/flyers/bestbuy-weekly?flyer_run_id=13529

6. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    I haven't seen a complete list for BB and don't expect to until at least tomorrow night. (That's part of the fun for me: seeing what is on sale and making a quick call about a purchase...which I get to rethink while in line.) I'll be at BB because they almost always have good deals on movies I'm on the fence about. And, if not, I don't miss anything. I can say I've done Black Friday every year since 2000.

I've only seen the BB ad which has limited information in it. I do know some high profile new releases will be cheap: Star Trek Into Darkness, World War Z, Pacific Rim.

7. Cowboy

Cowboy Stunt Coordinator

Robert
    So far I have not found one thing at Amazon.Last year I got the complete It Takes A Thief
    for $30 shipped.

8. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Amazon has the complete first season of "Arrow" on blu-ray for $16.99.

9. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    I ssssoooo want to bite on that, Todd. You have no idea...

10. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
  11. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    That would be a blind buy for me and considering I am already loading up on Fox Connect and other titles on Amazon I figured I needed to pass....

12. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Other recent releases for the same price:

Supernatural Season 8 (Blu)
    Spartacus Season 3 (Blu)
    White Collar Season 4 (DVD)

And a bunch of others. There's a big list somewhere on Amazon of "TV Under $20."

13. lvicious

Lance G
    Arrow is listed on the 9.96 page for Walmart. http://www.walmart.com/cp/9.96/1161896?showAll=true&

Of course prices haven't been updated yet. It is also listed for tomorrow's lightning deals on the amazon schedule link I posted above. I'd assume they'll price match Wal-mart?

14. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Maybe something is goofy for me, but that link shows $40ish for both the DVD and BD.

15. lvicious

Lance G
  16. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Anybody know when the Walmart prices take effect? Is it midnight? If so, is it Eastern Time or Central Time? I'm really tempted to jump on that Amazon deal on "Arrow", but I don't want to if it's really going to be $9.96 at Walmart.One other thing that makes Amazon less attractive this year: Super Saver Shipping has a $35 minimum instead of a $25 minimum. In past years, I'd place my orders as soon as I hit $25 to lock in the lightning deal pricing, even if I had four or five orders over the course of Black Friday. Hitting the $35 minimum is a lot trickier.

17. lvicious

Lance G
    Just my opinion but I'd expect Amazon to price match Walmart.. your call.

I read in those bluray.com threads that it's EST and some people are going to start checking 12est.. if not I think last year it was 6 or 7est. thursday morning Good god that's early >.> Be nice with some confirmation from someone who did WM friday last year. Check that walmart thread I posted above for the bluray site. Probably says it somewhere on there.

I've appreciated the Prime membership I've had all these years on Amazon and the shipping benefits.

18. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

For me it all depends whether I can hit that $35 threshold or not. With Walmart you always have the Site-to-Store option as a back-up.

19. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
  20. lvicious

Lance G