What's new

It's "official"-$350 PSP (1 Viewer)

Richard Paul

Stunt Coordinator
It uses a rechargable battery that can be recharged while in use and the 90 minute estimate is the worst case estimate for movies. From what I heard it will most likely be between 3 and 5 hours of use for most games.

Though the $350 price was a rumor I wouldn't be surprised by a $300 price. That would be enough to avoid any serious losses from selling it and would be a nice price point. Though the PSP sounds interesting I will most likely wait for it to drop to $200.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member

When is PS3 due? If this is true could they be re-routing development resources to bring the PS3 to market earlier in an effort to beat Microsoft?

Rodrick

Second Unit
With me being a Portable gamer, owning a DS I've seen some out already but as only store demo's, they look like the old game and watches but color screens and a handy pull out pen for the bottom screen. This Xmas season will be a good one for me.

For owning a PSP. Well it will be like someone buying a brand new tvsystem at launch, but with me in Canada just think how much it'll be. I have my name down for a PSP and a DS at Electronic Boutiques.

I'll wait til the price of it comes down. Also it may even bring out later another version of PSP after. Like how they did all the Gameboys. Accessories we'll definitely need are screen protectors, a case to carry the system and mini discs in.

For it being a Nintendo killer, maybe, cause of battery life, look at what happened to the Nomad and the Turboexpress systems.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
EA's PSP web portal is up (includes actual screenshots of games such as Tiger Woods PGA Tour and NFSU: Rivals).
It's possible that Sony and/or a third-party manufacturer may still provide a separate screen protector as an added measure of security / peace-of-mind for the consumer.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

I don't think that Sony has a time frame etched in stone where the PS3's release date is concerned. I've read somewhere that officials believe that the PS2's viability is good for at least another two years, and there's little to indicate that the PS3 will be rushed to market. If I had to hazard a guess as to when we can expect the PS3, I would say late 2006 at the soonest (for Japan), and mid-to-late 2007 for N. America, Europe and the other markets. We do know that Sony plans to introduce the PS3 in some form at next year's E3, but I don't anticipate seeing any physical units on store shelves in 2005.

Rob Fahey wrote an interesting article on GameIndustry.biz outlining his concerns regarding MS' proposal for an early entry in the next console generation.

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Well the Screen Savers said today that the PSP is launching December 12th in Japan. They were unsure of the US date but they said the price was going to be $195 and that'd it have 4-6 hours of battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks