What's new

Its October! Playoff predictions? (1 Viewer)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Well, seems that I will be wrong on the Atlanta/Houston pick, but at least I did pick that before they went up 2-0 in the series.
biggrin.gif

So far, each series has had excellent pitching. This is where it's all filtered down to, guys. The norm isn't 12-11 games here with 5-6 HR hit each game..and I love it. This is what baseball is to me; pitching duels with sparks of offense and manufacturing runs. The only series that has had only one pitcher each game to goof is the CLE/SEA one, but overall good games.
------------------
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. -Franklin D. Roosevelt.
My Top 10 of 2000 My Top 10 of 2001

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I can't get over how many shutouts or 1-run games are being pitched so early in the divisional series.
Looks like I over-estimated the Yankees (but I'm not too unhappy with that development). I was stunned that Mariano Rivera has something like 18 or 19 saves in post season. Talk about bringing home the bacon!
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
What I want to know is where the hell is RAF. He must be a fair weather fan. You couldn't shut him up during the subway series last year. Show your face Robert!
Kevin C. :)

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
So far all of my predictions look pretty good
laugh.gif
The Cardinals have got to win at home tonight against Bautista, but even if they do they are still going to have to take another one against either Schilling or Johnson. Looks like the Yankees are gonna get swept!
------------------
My DVD's

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I'd be VERY suprised if the Red Wings don't win it all this year. look at all that talent... and scotty is there to keep all the egos in check.... what a team...
oh yeah...
GO FLAMES
------------------
I AM CANADIAN!

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Whew, talk about *squeaking* by!
Yanks win one (finally)...only 2 more to go!
Go Yanks!
[Edited last by Dana Fillhart on October 13, 2001 at 11:01 PM]

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Where there's $$$ there's a way in Bud Selig's MLB.
Richie Garcia, Rick Reed, Tim Tschida, and Al Clark welcome Kerwin Danley to the list of Selig's playoff sham squad.
biggrin.gif
I can't wait to see who they pull out of vacation to ump home in game 5 like they did last year.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
With your anti-Yankee bias, you'll likely be unable to see it Joseph, but the replays of that play show a) the umpire was right, and b) that it was a hell of tough call to make.
He would have received criticism either way he called it, but I for one (and NOT a Yankee fan) think he got it right.
That said, it was a hell of a play, by Posada and especially by Jeter.
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/007822.html
Scary Movie Challenge: 13, 12, 11, 10 9 to go!

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
With your anti-Yankee bias, you'll likely be unable to see it Joseph, but the replays of that play show a) the umpire was right, and b) that it was a hell of tough call to make.
a)I disagree, the back angle shows he missed the front leg and it touched home before a tag was ever applied to the trailing leg.
b)That's his job and he hasn't done well at it this year along with Wally Bell, Brian O'Nora, and Tim Timmons who was hired permanently recently.
c)It has happened too often to be a coincidence and it never goes the other way. If Posada can spit on an umpire, berate him in the press, and later actually have his petty suspension REDUCED, then there is an obvious bias in the commissioner's office. Not to mention the idiotic policy of only hearing suspensions in NY, so NY teams are almost always the only team to ever face teams without their players. Furthermore, it stipulates that the appeal will be heard the next time into NY, so as not to immediately hear Yankee or Met suspensions during the current homestand no matter the length.
d)Richie Garcia was dead wrong and he signed autographs in RF the following night. Tim Tschida and Rick Reed had the gall to use Chuck Knoblauch as their source for a series of indisputably bad calls. Al Clark was so stupid to call David Wells perfect game, hoard the balls and auction them off.
e)It's nice to see a series decided by the baseball players in AZ as opposed to the guys in blue who are supposed to not be noticed for their efforts.
f)It is ridiculous that there is no champagne popping after a hard fought win by AZ. Another foolish decision by Selig. Aren't we supposed to get back to "business-as-usual?"

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, what a game. I'm extremely dissapointed that I will have to wait another 7 months to watch the Cardinals play again, but tonight's game against Arizona was one of the best games I have ever seen.
Now if Oakland doesn't pull it off against NY, I'm not sure if I'll even watch the rest. I don't think I could handle NY vs Atlanta. Ugggghhh!
------------------
My DVD's

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So far, I'm right on with all 4 series picks, and I got 2 of the game counts right (had both Arizona over St. Louis 3-2, and New York over Oakland 3-2), and was too optimistic on my Braves (didn't think we'd sweep the Astros), and too pessimistic on the Seattle-Cleveland series (didn't think Cleveland would push Seattle to a 5th game).
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks