What's new

Its Madness Already!!! (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
On Fox News Channel, Bill Gates said XB had 400k units at launch. That means the GCN beats it by 300k units and only with a 3 day difference. I wouldn't be surprised if stores end up getting more GCNs than XBs now.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I'd be very surprised if there were not a lot more 'Cubes for sale here than expected a while back...the poor sales in Japan have resulted in additional production capacity to be allocated to the West.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Poor sales in Japan are a scary thing for a Japanese company....lets hope sales are good here in North America, but even North America and Europe aren't enough to keep a console going.

James Nguyen

Second Unit
Poor sales in Japan are a scary thing for a Japanese company....lets hope sales are good here in North America, but even North America and Europe aren't enough to keep a console going.
I'd have to disagree....the N64 was a poor selling machine in its home turf but was buoyed by years by America's (and Europe and the rest of North America) insatiable appetite for all things Pokemon.
wink.gif
From a revenue standpoint, Japan accounts for just 25% of the annual global market for console video games. Obviously a significant chunk, but one not so sizable that tepid sales instantly spell the doom of your system.
Morgan, obviously final numbers aren't out yet, but Reuters was reporting last night that several analysts who follow the market are pegging the launch of XBox at having been closer to 600,000 units not, 300,000 units as MS had estimated (apparently rather conservatively). The numbers will bear it all out eventually, so who knows. Telling though, is NVidia's chairman having stated in an interview earlier this week that production lines of the Xbox had reached full production levels over a month ago.
I wish I could provide links, but my primary news source for this sorta thing seems to be slammed right now with all the xbox launch hoopla.
Okay, here's the Reuters link.. Link Removed
Still can't get to the NVidia statements though...ah well.
[Edited last by James Nguyen on November 16, 2001 at 10:00 AM]

David Ely

Supporting Actor
Slightly off topic .... but I stood in line for 10 hours two and a half years ago for Star Wars Ep1 tickets. It was actually quite a fun experience. Everyone in line for a common cause :)
It's not something that I'd do often, but I'm glad I did.

James Nguyen

Second Unit
David,
heh heh, my college roommate stood in line for four days for episode 1 since he and his girlfriend (who flew in from the Phillipines to California JUST TO SEE STAR WARS) wanted to watch it at Mann's Chinese where the original Star Wars had debuted.. FOUR FRIGGIN days. And then to be greeted by jar jar. The humanity, oh the humanity!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks