What's new

Directors It's Late and I'm Bored, So: What Are Your Favorite Chain Restaurants (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Personally, my two faves are Bob Evans and Cracker Barrel. Bob Evans has incredible rolls that go very well with their fried chicken fillets. At CB, I like the fried shrimp, the bacon cheeseburgers (on seared sourdough) and the pancakes. So, what chains do you guys like?

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Nice choice with Cracker Barrel - the grilled chicken tenderloins are wonderful.
My two faves would be Boston Market and Benihana. Unfortunately, we have neither in this area, but a Benihana knock-off is being built right now. The only Boston Market sadly remains in the freezer section of the grocery store :frowning:

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Tim: Grilled hicken tenderloins :emoji_thumbsup: I also like their chicken & dumplins.
s far as a Benihana knockoff, is is Shogun? Man, their food is off the HIZZOOK. :D

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I'd have to say Applebee's and Pizza Hut, although Pizza Hut's can vary by location.. when you find a good one their great! :)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I think this is just a chicago area chain but Portillo's is the best!
Mmmm...Portillo's onion rings.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, I forgot about Panera. Love the chicken noodle bread bowl, which is weird, since I never out soup out.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
In-N-Out Burger!!!
Imo's Pizza, Taco Bell, White Castle, Red Lobster (for those yummy, and free, cheese garlic biscuits)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
A little story about Applebee's: The whole family had just arrived in Vegas for the beginning of our journey through California. We're eating at an Applebee's and when it comes time to order, my dad says to the waiter, "I don't see anything I like, just give me a coupla orders of rice." Don't really know why that's so funny, but it is, at least to me.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I miss Jack in the Box from back when I was living in Phoenix, but for a local chain I always look forward to A&W root beer. Over the past few months several have been built in my area. The food is just your typical burger joint stuff but the quality is comprable to a sit down restaurant food @ Burger King prices.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Pick-Up Stix (Orange-Peel Tofu)
Del Taco (real bean burritos)
Burger King-(BK Veggie)
Panda Express(Fried Tofu & Eggplant)

Jeff Gross

Second Unit
My favorite chains are Chili's and Jack Astor's

I also like the garlic cheese biscuits at Red Lobster but rarely go there as I feel for the money, you can get better seafood elsewhere.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
White Castle is definitely on my list. Cracker Barrel is great for breakfast, and I've got a soft spot for Long John Silvers.

And no, I don't have a lawsuit planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks