What's new

Its hard to beat the MC-1 & Logic 7! (1 Viewer)

Philip Brandes

Stunt Coordinator
" I think it would be a waste of money to just use the Lex for movies. "

That's just plain silly argument. Logic 7 has just as many unique benefits for movies as it does for music. Its ability to create stereo surrounds from a mono surround channel isn't like anything you heard from your Sony ES. It's even better when used for both music and movies, of course, but it's not a "waste of money" to buy with the intent of only using it for movies. Down the road, he can experiment with what it does for music and realize that not all DSP sounds artificial--It can actually enhance the experience of music.

Cheers,
Philip Brandes

Mark Davenport

Stunt Coordinator
I just think he's cutting the Lexicon short by not even considerding it for music, It does a much better job at music than my Sony did even in bypass mode on the Sony. The lexicons are great at movies but can't be discounted in music and are well above any Sony ES equipment and i have owned most Sony ES related equipment. I think he could put the moeny towards something else instead of another Sony pre/pro just for bypass mode.

Like I said if I were him and I was really picky about a bypass mode I'd get the Lex first and spend time tweaking it. I'm sure he'll find it more than a adequate for music and much better than the Sony's

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Mark- The P9000ES is an analog preamp. It actually goes *after* the Lex (the MC-1 would be connected to the P9000ES), direct to the amps. The setup will not preclude me from checking out the performance of 2 ch on the Lex. The main function of the Sony is to provide a pure analog path for DVD-A and SACD. But I can also run CD either in analog to the Sony, or digitally to the Lex. Maximum flexibility, really, is what I'm after. :) But we do differ, in that I'm not a big fan for any DSP processing at all for most 2 channel audio.

Users who are viewing this thread