What's new

It's grillin' time.......... (2 Viewers)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
The grilling season is upon us and I just wanted to check out some of yall's fav grilling recipes.... just got myself a new Staublestone Steelman grill and am looking forward to a season of grilling.......but... I am tired of the burger/steak/pork routines and am looking for some alternatives.........
What's some of yall's favs???

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Oh, good thread.
I fired up my gas grill and it didn't work, so I took it apart to clean the burner only to find the old burner had RUSTED AWAY COMPLETELY. So I had to get anew grill :D

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I love to grill lobster tails. Cut open the shell (the back side NOT the underside) and brush in some butter sauce. I like to add paprika and fresh garlic. Then grill the tails for about 10-15 minutes. They are awesome tasting.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Some of my recent favorites;
Sirloin steak marinaded with sweet teriyaki and green onions.
Flank steak marinaded in virgin olive oil and creole seasoning.
Corn on the cob wrapped in foil with butter/salt and pepper.
Mmmmmmm :emoji_thumbsup:

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Dave - Sounds great - I assume you leave them in the shells ? Do you flip them during the grilling or leave them bottom-side down ?

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Portobello mushrooms marinated in Italian salad-dressing.

My brother has some trick for grilling clams... I'll have to ask him.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I need a new grill... ever since the OPD tanks, I can't seem to get my grill hot enough. Maybe I'll get it connected to my natural gas line... anyone ever do this?

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
If they had a gas line in my area I would probably do it. Then again with gas prices what they are maybe not, especially when a tank refill is $10.

It's funny that this thread came up, as I just yesterday cleaned/refurbished my grill this weekend. Replaced the ignitor, new briquettes, tightened all bolts. Runs like new.:emoji_thumbsup:

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Boneless chicken breast marinated in your favorite Italian dressing

Salmon fillet brushed with sesame oil & a dash of soy sauce, topped with sesame seeds

Prawns on a skewer with onions & bell pepper slices in between

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Boneless chicken breasts marinated in a mesquite and lime marinade and then basted with the leftover marinade while grilling...very nummy. :D

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I just bought a house yesterday that has a brand new built-in gas grill in the back yard. It's gonna be about a month before I move but I can't wait to use the grill. :D No more dealing with propane for me.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus

Sounds like all you guys have gas grills. How do you like them compared to the traditional charcoal grill? Does it taste better, worst, same, little different but same.

I'm considering going with a new gas grill, but I'm worried about how my hot mets (links) will turn out on a gas grill.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
No doubt about it, nothing like the original charcoal. I have the Weber kettle grill and love it. I also have a gas grill for those weekdays when the wife and I don't have enough time to wait for charcoal. If it is a weekend or day off, I'll always opt for the charcoal.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Tastes the same to me. (charcoal vs. gas) I've eaten delecious steaks off of both but I've only ever owned/used gas. Charcoal seems like a lot of work to me. I dunno, maybe that's part of the fun.:laugh:

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I posted last fall asking for opinions on gas vs. charcoal grills. Many good replies. I'm happy to report that I finally bought one—a gas grill. Don't ask me if I like it. I haven't used it yet. ;) But reading these grilling recipes is making me hungry, so I think I'll fire it up this weekend!

P.S. My friend's husband helped me pick out the grill. He recommends grilling salmon on cedar planks. Sound yummy!

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

You should get one of those chimney starters. They're easy to use and they heat up the coals nice and quickly...

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Thanks for the replies guys........I'm just getting back into grilling and got a Staublestone Steelman gas grill. My Brother has a Broilmaster hooked into LP gas and he does a mean salmon and his steaks are always delish....

That lobster idea sounds right up my alley. I am a die hard lobster lover due to traveling up north a lot and getting to eat fresh lobster a lot. Back then, I grilled a lot of seafood.... just haven't looked into what is actually available around this part of the country yet......... When you have fresh for so many years, you kinda frown on some offerings at "inland" markets....

Based on my son's reccommendation, today I stopped at a meat market and picked up some "catfish tenderloins" as that particular market called it.... it's actually pure pork tenderloin and looks like a skinned catfish without the head!.... this outta be delish!

Joe Spratley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
test
Last year I bought "How to Grill" by Steven Raichlen. Very good book. Good recipes (the one's I've tried anyway). A few weeks after I bought the book I was flipping through the channels and the author was on Food Network. The show was called BBQ Bootcamp and he was demonstrating how to prepare some of the recipes in the book. I guess he puts this BBQ bootcamp seminar on several times a year and anyone can go.

Julie K

Screenwriter
I use a charcoal grill and mesquite chunks. They light up very fast in a chimney starter.

Someone mentioned corn in foil - no no no! Take the husk off, lather it butter, and grill over pure wood charcoal. The taste is absolutely sensational.

Another great thing to grill is beer can chicken. Perfect chicken every time and it's fun to show off.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Yes, I remember the great debate thread sometime ago of gas vs charcoal. I have a Holland gas grill. It's connected to my natural gas line so I never have to worry about running out of propane or refilling tanks. For those with gas grills buy a bag (or 2) of wood chips (hickory, mesquite or whatever you like) soak some in just a bit in water , wrap them in a couple foil packs and poke holes in them. Put them in the grill. Your meat, fish, whatever will get a great smoke flavor while cooking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.