It's freezing in here..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Sep 21, 2001.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    It's so cold, that I no longer put in those reusable icepacks to keep my Snapple cold anymore. It's like working in a refridgerator. We get issued these lab coats which are for ESD and static discharge purposes but I wear one (sometimes even two) just to keep warm in here.. It's insane! It's not just me, almost everybody I talk to says it's cold. I've even gone to wearing thin gloves my hands get cold... Need to bring a portable heater except that would blow out all the fuses in the cheap cubicle powerstrips which will blow out power supplies if anything more than 10watts are run off them!!!
    Jay
    ------------------
    HUGBEES! My Equipment List
    Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
    Wanna help?

2. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

Put on a hat...it will keep you warmer than a sweater. Or maybe you're just getting cold flashes. [​IMG]
    I work in a manufacturing environment. The production crews are predominantly older women. It's amazing how many complaints you hear about the room temperature. One woman will complain that it's too hot. Then without any changes to the thermostat she'll come in and complain that it's too cold. We just chalk it up as "the change" and never touch the thermostat when we hear complaints like this.
    ------------------
    Bill [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

4. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Cmon over then !! It's a nice 69 egrees here [​IMG]
    LL cool B

5. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Ever stood in a -10 degree freezer all day? Brother, that there is umm...chilly. It's when the fans kick in that it gets cold.
    Bruce
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

6. Eric Scott

Eric Scott Second Unit

It could be the evil spirit of Vlad Kristo! [​IMG]

7. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Maybe I'll join you Bruce, then compared to your place, my cubicle would actually feel warm for a change. At this point, I don't bother trying to wear something nice to go to work cause I know the minute I walk into my cube, my lab coat goes on and all people can see are my feet. Funny thing is, that the girls who wear skirts really look like they're naked underneath cause all you see are little bit of shins and their shoes... [​IMG]
    Jay
    ------------------
    HUGBEES! My Equipment List
    Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
    Wanna help?