What's new

It's been so slow with classic movie news!! (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
With only 3 1/2 months left to go in 2007, I'm wondering if Warners will be able to deliver the total 200 of Classic films as promised?

Corey

Screenwriter
It's been like 3 weeks since they've said something. No DVD decision or nothing. I guess we'll have to wait till next Monday.

Rod J

Premium
Real Name
Rodney Jewett
Anyone else remember when MGM/UA (featuring George F.) suddenly went out of the laserdisc business and cancelled all announced titles. Eventually Image Entertainment released some of the announced MGM/UA titles. We know where the MGM catalog and George F. are now.. Deja Vu anyone?

Richard Matich

Stunt Coordinator
Yes but DVD is not laser disc. They will not wait [imho] for the format war to end to release classics. Bonnie & Clyde and L.A. Confidential are still in the works I imagine. Only time will tell.

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison

Mr Feltenstein gave a definite yes on The Candidate and Cool Hand Luke in the chat in February (seems a life time ago!!). I would have to go back through the chat transcript for references to Bonnie and Clyde and Confidential.

Richard Matich

Stunt Coordinator
He said that they have something special planned for Bonnie & Clyde's 40th. I think he said "we plan to celebrate its 40th in a big way".

Richard Matich

Stunt Coordinator
[WARNER] TROG will be coming this year! Joan would be so proud....and you're damned right LA CONFIDENTIAL
SHOULD have won the Oscar for Best Picture...we will be honoring it in a 10th anniversary 2 disc set this year, and
also on HD & BD.

[WARNER] We have NO failure to communicate, Crawdaddy! COOL HAND LUKE 40th Anniversary
special edition will be out this year. Definite release for THE PRIZE in 2008, and a wonderful boxed
set for JOHN GARFIELD with 6 films in early 2008. How's that?

Bonnie & Clyde not talked about. I know I heard them say something about 40th release. Hmm. Natale Wood set in 2008 the transcript said.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
High-Def Digest put out a list of catalog HD titles coming soon from WB...

The Aviator
Batman
Bonnie and Clyde
The Cincinnati Kid
Clash of the Titans
Cool hand Luke
Dirty Harry series (all 6)
The Exorcist
Falling Down
The Goonies
The Green Mile
Heat
L.A. Confidential
Natural Born Killers
Poltergeist
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
Shawshank Redemption
Superman 2
That's Entertainment
That's Entertainment 2
That's Entertainment 3
That's Entertainment Trilogy Giftset
Twister
The Wizard of Oz

Casablanca and The Adventures of Robin Hood are also listed as coming to BluRay (currently HD-DVD exclusive). So, Cool Hand Luke, L.A. Confidential, and Bonnie & Clyde are coming. I'd imagine the HD releases of The Wizard of Oz and the That's Entertainment! Trilogy will be awesome. Just hoping Oz will be identical to the SD DVD edition (with the glossies and booklets included).

Rod J

Premium
Real Name
Rodney Jewett
Haven't they released their John Wayne movies in 200 different packages this year? Maybe they're counting them.. (same old transfer, slick new case)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

You must be thinking of Paramount. WB has re-released several Duke movies, but all with either a substantially different transfer or different supplementary features.

Rod J

Premium
Real Name
Rodney Jewett

Yea, I really flipped over the new improved anamorphic wide screen "Green Berets". At least it's not in a snapper case.

Darrell Bratz

Stunt Coordinator
Sure we did. The Kubrick set, the Leading Ladies Collection 2 set. Even one for December - the Blade Runner releases. I promise you Warners considers Blade Runner a Classic (actually, you should go to the Warners DVD website sometime and look at their "Classics" page - there's an old Halle Berry movie up there right now, just as much a "classic" apparently as the Rooney/Garland set.

Frank M

Stunt Coordinator
The Kubrick set is coming in October and the Leading Ladies in the first week of November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks