What's new

It's a mirror... it's a TV... you're both right! (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I was just thumbing through a gadget catalog and thought this was pretty cool so I thought I'd share:

It looks like a standard wall mirror when off.. but will function as a HDTV LCD display.

Read about it HERE.

Combine that with the Artcoustic wall speakers that look like paintings... you'd have an invisible HT system when not in use! :D

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
"23 inch mirror TV Landscape style"

does landscape mean widescreen?

I wonder what the price is. This reminds me of those windows that automatically tint, colorize, and block light depending on the amount of electricity you give it. Smart Windows

Beny_K

Auditioning
cool!

the spec is 16:9,

i guess you're paying for the mirror option then...
is that contrast ratio normal for an LCD?

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Saw one of these in portrait style at Tweeter. The portrait one had only the bottom half of the mirror as a screen. Would be neat to have as a bedroom TV, but way too expensive for the picture quality (it was not too visible in all but the darkest room).

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
23" is too small for me to even consider. Cause I know damn well, Im not gonna spend that kind of money on a small tv, or a mirror. I'll wait years for the prices to come down. this tv would be good for the bathroom, but obviously not practical. Now if they made a larger one, say 40-something inches, that would be good for a bedroom.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

It does turn non-reflective (non-mirrorlike) when it is on, but the picture is not that bright and reflections on the glass screen wash it out. It looked pretty good in an all dark room, but once the lights were on, it was worse than a CRT with direct sunlight.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Hmm...

Use it as your over-the-washbasin mirror, get a transparent shower curtain, so you can take a shower and not miss your favorite TV show or ball game. (You would need mood lighting that you could dim)

As an alternative to a screen built into your bathtub or Jacuzzi.

Since it is not a first surface mirror, too bad they didn't put an anti-reflective coating on the outer surface.

At my local optical shop there is a TV in the waiting room that has a separate flat glass pane in front as a safety glass. If they wanted to push anti-reflective coatings for eyeglasses as a profit item, they could have treated half of the TV screen and safety glass with the coating so people could see the difference in glare reduction.

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Manny Elgarresta
ARISE chicken ARISE!

Love ATHF. It's almost as bizzare as this two way mirror in front of a flat-screen tv.

This is just silly.

Juice! Want some?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Maybe a designer on the HGTV show Designer Challenge would use to renovate a bathroom at the cost 50,000.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks