What's new

Itching for speaker upgrade (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I am currently using a pair of Energy Connoisseur C-3 bookshelf speakers in a 2 channel stereo system. Audio Advisor is clearing out the Boston Acoustics VR-series and has the VR-M50 monitors on sale for $400.00/pair (regularly $700.00/pair). So, what do you guys and gals think? Would this be an upgrade or a lateral move?

Mark Russ

Second Unit
Prolly not much more than a lateral move Danny.

To get to the next level on the C-3, you'd have to go up to Revel M12 Concertas or NHT Classic Threes IMO.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member

Well, I heard the NHT Classic Three's predecessor, the SB3, and it was very impressive. It was driven by a $1,000 Classe integrated amp though. Hmmm....I think I better stay put. Thanks for your comment, Mark.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Is $400 your limit or ballpark? How big is your room? Do you have the ability to do any kind of wood work? (hint, hint..diy). If you want to consider the DIY route, you're welcome to drop by my place and give my GR Research A/V-2s a listen.

CBM-170 SE is a nice speaker too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks