3D It was just a matter of time: First Adult 3D title announced

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Adam Gregorich, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    According to the latest issue of Home Media Magazine, Digital Playground will release the first ever adult title on 3D Blu-ray. Jailhouse Heat 3D is coming being released on November 22nd for $24.99. Includes 14 trailers (?) behind the scenes featurette and other content.

I don't think this will help 3D adoption, and I'm surprised it took this long to get a title on the market. While I have no interest in watching it, I'm curious how far they will push the 3D.

2. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Ok, let me be the first to ask how well this movie will be rated for the "3D In Yo' Face Factor"?:D

3. dlbsyst

dlbsyst Agent

Will Brand
    Sorry but this is not true. Bel Ami released a 3D adult title on Blu-ray June 2, 2011. It's a gay title but it still falls under an adult title.

4. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam

I thought it, but wasn't going to say it....

5. SteveGL

SteveGL Auditioning

There were several anaglyph 3D adult films made in the late '70s - early 80s. I remember one I saw at a midnight show at the old Waverly theater in Greenwich Village starring John Holmes. Mr. Holmes was most impressive in 3D. I was constantly afraid of having an eye poked out.

6. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Screenwriter

Sounds like Home Media Magazine didn't do their research very well. 'This ain't Avatar' by Hustler, and 'Real Housewives of Chatsworth' by Penthouse are both 3D blu ray titles that I am aware of, and have been out for quite a while. I'm sure there are plenty more.