What's new

It Never Rains in California (1 Viewer)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Yeah, a few weeks ago but nothing like this.

Ron-P, are you okay? Heard that a flash flood/tornado hit HB Harbor....I'm just 5 miles down the street(at work in Little Saigon) from you and it was insane for a few minutes there./

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I enjoy a good rain, but this is ridiculous! Burbank got pounded Friday night. And, of course, I have to work today.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
I wonder if Prado dam is still "seeping" (ie leaking) ?

Mort (who had a tornado in his hood Saturday AM)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
"Seems it never rains in southern California."
—Albert Hammond

"Hey, he lied to us through song. I hate when people do that."
—Homer Simpson

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I am sick today so I didn't fly down to Long Beach.
Sounds like it would have been a horrible flight.....plus it's a nice day up in San Francisco

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Man I am SO glad I moved out of that leaky Los Feliz apartment I was living in. Something told me(perhaps the constant leaks back in October?) that this was going to be a wet Winter. I have a lot electronics too so having to worry if water comes through the roof and windows ain't cool. I'd be surprised if that entire building didn't collapse and turn into a big pile sludge.

Other than that though I like the rain- just not when it's leaking through my roof & windows. Cali weather is so often 'sunny & mild' it can drive me nuts.

Good lord it actually feels like Winter in California! :D

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

It's been like that here for the past few weeks and I'm getting sick of it. Bring back the clouds and rain, it's screwing up my sense of time!

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Spent the weekend in Oakland/SF.. rained off and on through the entire stay.. but good to spend Chinese New Year in China town, great food, good sights..

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Well, here in Sacramento we had weather more like what you see in Kansas: we had a number of tornado strikes with quite a lot of wind damage in my area! :eek: This is definitely not the type of weather I normally see, that's to be sure.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron

The dam itself never leaked, it was a temporary earthen berm related to some construction that was leaking.

Looks as though some sun is due for a time. The 15 day forecast is showing partly cloudy and nothing more. I hope is stays true.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Because of rain?? To each their own I guess....

I have to go shovel the SNOW off my driveway.

;)

PS- Sorry about all the rain guys, I understand what kind of havoc this can cause.
Take care,
Mike

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Boy, I was vacationing in Anaheim the first 10 days in January and all it did was rain. I'm going to be in Burbank for a wedding this coming weekend and hope for the bride and groom's sake that this wet stuff will finally stop by then. I guess SoCal ain't what it's cracked up to be weatherwise.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron

Not this winter anyway. Typically, it's not near this bad.

The average rain fall for John Wayne Airport is 8", this year it was at 18" (less this recent storm) I'm sure it's well above 20" by now. We are way above the norm here. I want my sunny SoCal back...now!

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
When I saw Mike had posted in this thread, I thought "Oh shit, here he goes posting his f...in snow plow again." We know Mike, we are a bunch of whiners.

But at least it doesn't take us a year to paint a fence. :D

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I wouldn't worry about this weather guys, it's not like the planet is getting warmer and the seasons are getting mucked up ;)

Oddly, we've been getting very little rain/snow in Denver. It seems to either flow from LA down through Texas, or break to the North and go through Wyoming. Be nice to get some more precip up here in the Rockies. I guess I should be careful what we ask for, 18" of rain in LA is bad, 48" of snow in Denver is petrifying.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks