What's new

International It Came From Outer Space 3-D & Nat "King" Cole with Russ Morgan's Orchestra (1 Viewer)

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
Recently recieved an update newsletter from Panamint today.

Among the news and updates was this little gem

"A new 3D Blu-ray from 1953 - details to be announced shortly."

I'm definitely looking forward to the details. :)

UPDATE:

The title is It Came From Outer Space (1953). Slated for release in July of 2016.

LINK

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just got that too - I'm excited! Guessing maybe Miss Sadie Thompson? It's from 1953, Sony already has a 3D master available, and I'm pretty sure that Panamint owner Russell Cowe has a fondness for redheads. :)

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
As Josh hinted, Panamint loves Rhonda Fleming and they've floated the idea of doing another Rhonda Fleming 3-D title. The two remaining belong to Paramount. The first is a musical, Those Redheads From Seattle (1953), which is also the first non-anamorphic widescreen title intentionally shot widescreen. The other is a jungle romance film called Jivaro (1954), which co-stars Fernando Lamas.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I thought MST had been hinted at by TT. The Maze is a great film which will look fantastic in 3-D.

Any Rhonda Fleming would be welcomed by me, particularly Those Redheads. My most wanted title for a blu-ray is Slightly Scarlet.

docquest

Auditioning
Real Name
brian
I got the email as well and wondered if this had already been talked about. So I Googled "panamint 3d 1953 2016" and this page popped up in the results:

http://panamint.co.uk/it-came-from-o...ray-3843-p.asp

Would be very cool if this was happening. Unfortunately it says region B when you select more details. Would be nice if they get a region free version like they did with Inferno.

Danoldrati

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Oldrati
I was trying to post a picture of the Blu Ray box for "It came from outer Space" but I don't know how.

SORRY

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Danoldrati said:
I was trying to post a picture of the Blu Ray box for "It came from outer Space" but I don't know how.

SORRY

it-came-from-outer-space-3d-2d-blu-ray-3843-p%5Bekm%5D300x424%5Bekm%5D.png

Region B only. I'll have to wait for the region free version.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I treated myself to a region free 3D player for Christmas, so I could get this without waiting for a region-free version (as I had to do with Inferno). Bring it on!

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I'm definitely overjoyed!

Panamint had hinted at this around the time of their Inferno release but then it all went quiet.

I'd love to know how they pried it lose from Universal, it can't have been easy.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
John Doe said:
Sony doesn't license titles to anobody in the UK, so it's not MST.

My guess is The Maze.
Why would Sony care who does the heavy lifting, as long as they make money out of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks