What's new

Isn't it refreshing to know who your enemies are? (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Perhaps enemy is too strong a word. What I mean is when a friend ceases to be a friend. Or when you realize that you cannot be around a certain person or people anymore. It could be a defining moment or a gradual parting of ways. You might have outgrown them. Maybe they show their true colors.

Reason I bring this up is because for 2004 Gary->dee ain't takin [sh]it no more. I've made a pledge to myself to shed useless people from my life. That's a good amount of the people I know. But I don't care because I know too many losers. Some losers have dreams some don't. Doesn't matter because you're still a fucking loser. So ciao. Get around without me. No more Gary there to take you places or do things for you while he has to deal with your fucked up personality. No more demeaning comments. No more listening to your crappy music. No more of that funky trash you think is so good because -newsflash- it ain't. Guys and girls. No discrimination as to race or gender. If you've got issues or are just stupid it doesn't matter. I don't sympathize so get out of my way.

To paraphrase Brian Cox's character in Adaptation - I HAVE NO USE FOR IT!

And by not being with these certain individuals my life will be better. Happier. Because you're either dead weight or a real human being. A smart human being.

So in the end
if you aren't a friend
you're nothing more
than an enemy. :D

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I played an awesome trick once and it worked like a charm...

I once had some doubt about the loyalty of a family member/friend... Anyways, I told this person a secret in confidence which wasnt really all that true... Do I lie often? No... But, in this situation I had to make sure... I told no one else... No one... I just wanted to see if this person was worthy of being trusted as I had my doubts from a previous situation. I had no idea who was behind the gossip from the previous situation... Anyways, I just waited a few weeks or so... This false story then comes back my way... Who could have spread this around I wonder? hmmm... Seeing as this family member was the only person I ever told and that the story wasnt even true, it could be no one else...

All in all, it worked like a charm and I found out who the rat was...

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Since I bit the bullet, clicked on this link and read through that diatribe, why don't you go into a bit more detail? Are you directing that towards someone on here but don't feel the need to mention names? Or is it someone locally; if so, what the heck?

I can empathize with the feeling but posting it here makes no sense, especially just going on in such a vague sense.

And also sorry, but Martin, I did burst out laughing at your comment.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
My comments aren't directed at anyone on this message board. It's all real life drama I've been dealing with. I am allowed to discuss real life here correct?

I don't get it. Could you elaborate, Martin? I think you're suggesting that I don't exactly have a great role model or something in my sig but I'm not sure.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think he meant that you were referring to people thinking trash was great when it isn't. Yet you have a picture of a character from a trashy overrated film in your signature. He is assuming that you think that SW:Episode One was a good film when what it really was was the ultimate in trash; therefore, you are in a glass house and throwing stones.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Two points I'd like to illustrate:

1) We all have different opinions of movies.

2) Episode I: The Phantom Menace or Darth Maul for that matter doesn't affect my life. It's a movie, a form of entertainment.

If I had a picture of Gigli's Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez or Lawrence of Arabia in my sig that still wouldn't change how certain people I know behave in real life.

Besides, the best thing about Episode I was Darth Maul. ;)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Ya - life isn't just. The best character gets bisected by a lightsaber and the worst character lives on to become a mush-mouthed senator. Sorta like real life!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Gary->dee, you say Star Wars doesn't affect your life because it's "entertainment", yet you also said:Isn't music entertainment?

I realize you were probably just ranting in your first post and not completely thinking about a statement backfiring, but you've just contradicted yourself in the later post by suggesting that your love of Star Wars doesn't fit the equation...Sorry, but there are people who would judge you for liking Star Wars, just as you have judged others for listening to music that you personally don't prefer.

Sorry to sound harsh, but you're gonna get a lot of flack from members because your first post sounds like you're saying you're above others.

What is the REAL reason why you hate this particular person (or group of people)? Did someone do something bad to you? Maybe you are jealous and don't realize it and it is coming out as hatred?

Or maybe you're getting older (like the rest of us) and see most teens as "Punks" :D As the comedic saying goes, "You know you're getting older when you start hating the same actions you did as a kid". ;)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
he was suggesting what edwin said. thread, meet thread crapper. i figured it out when i saw his sig, all 'top 100' movies. so basically, he read your post, and instead of replying on topic, he bashed star wars. anyway, i hope you shed those people from your life, i know what it's like to have to do that. good luck

CJ

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

He isn't making you watch his form of entertainment, is he? Whereas his post implies he has "friends" who impose on him to the point of making him put up with music he clearly doesn't like, for whatever reason. Apples and oranges.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
and it sounds like he's judged this person (or persons) by thier personality and the music they listen to. This is the same thing as someone calling you (insert name here) because you like Star Wars.

It just sounds like he's judging people for the wrong reasons. I'm willing to hear the real reasons why, but until then, I can't agree with someone who thinks someone else is an enemy because of the type of music they listen to.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member

That, I'm not so sure about. To be honest, I don't know what exactly is "allowed" and isn't here anymore.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

Given that their personality dictates their actions, I don't see a problem here. It's pretty presumptuous to assume his reasons for dropping the dead weight from his life are shallow or unfair.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The problem is the tone of the original post. It sounds like he is calling his "friends" losers because they like music he doesn't. They are losers because they think certain material is great while in his OPINION it is garbage. He makes comments that some losers have dreams and some don't, but they are still losers. In generalized terms he has defined everybody in the human race.

He makes it sound like as if HIS dreams, HIS definition of good music, and HIS definition of worthwhile entertainment is what defines a "winner" from a "loser." With him as a "friend" his "loser" friends don't need enemies. The tone of the post makes him sound like an egotistical narcissist. That doesn't mean that he is; it just means that he is coming across as one.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Edwin, you said what I was trying to say.

I realized Gary's first post was probably made in anger, so I'll cut him some slack, but it did sound extremely harsh and judgemental.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

I thought this was the relevant part of the post/rant. If I had to guess, I'd say that Gary feels taken for granted and/or taken advantage of by his so-called friends. Their choices in music, etc. are secondary to the key issue.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton

Ricardo you beat me to it. Since were all making guesses here i think the issue is definetly related to a feeling of being taken advantage of by his "friend". His opinion of the friends musical tastes is just a secondary issue to vent about.

Now if you'll all excuse me i think my wife is going into labor......

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
So if my friend is supposed to meet me at the movies and blows me off, I can say he's an ass, and a stupid SUV driver?

Sounds like a cheap shot to me. Being mad at someone is fine for what they did, but taking cheap shots because you're angry (no matter how secondary) seems cheesy.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter

Well if he blows you off repeatedly, sure. Although the SUV thing shouldn't be an issue unless it directly affects you in some way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks