What's new

ISF Video Cals: New England, Southern States, Gulf Coast, FL, LA/SanDiego, N East (1 Viewer)

Cec

Auditioning
GREGG, I HAVE A HITACHI 57F510 RPTV.JUST GOT IT.I BELIEVE CALIBRATION IS NEEDED.. CAN YOU TELL ME WHO CALIBRATES IN ARKANSAS?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Gregg do you know what dates in April you will be in the NYC/LI area?

capt

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys

Cec, I will be in Arkansas in very late march.

Joey, I come to your area quite often. No ideas of specific dates until I get about 3 weeks away from coming. The sooner I get the # of booking in a geographic location, the sooner I come,

Regards

Gregg

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
Greg,

I am in New England, MASS.

I have a Sony 36XBR800 HDTV. its a bit over a year old and used daily.

I have calibrated the best I could with Avia. funny is that I did it blind first and after the Avia I had to do little adjustment. did the best I could.

I do notice with HDTV source on the black bar at top on the left side I get some red on the edge of the WS bar and on the right green. I went through the avia disc and notice overscan is off a bit. not really familiar with the rest or what can be done to improve picture.

my question is ..... would a calibration by you really make a huge difference on my set ? again not familiar with what can be done and want to see a difference/improvement for my $300.

on the fence to pulling the trigger. :)

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Ralph

I do Sony tube sets all the time....they look awesome when you get the gray scale nailed then calm down the color decoder. Definitely the blackest blacks from any available technology.

regards

Gregg

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Gregg,
We are almost done with our HT, what are your expected dates in the New Orleans, Gulf Coast area? I have an Infocus 4805, how do these come out once done and what does it run? It looks great to me now but I am no expert.

PLMK-Thanks!

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi todd

I have no current plans for the Big Easy....however, I could come down during the jazz festival. Would that work for you?

Let me know,

Gregg

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Hi Gregg,
Unless you have been to our "jazz" fest, I would advise on coming later, I find it too much of a tourist trap and too little of real jazz...it looks like this will be cutting it a little close for me schedule wise too. We lack flooring and some minor details which have the addition of the electronics on hold. Just post when your next go around is and that will be cool, thanks.

allan espinoza

Stunt Coordinator
Greg,
do you know of anyone in san jose ca? Also, I sold my dvd player that I had and I am now just using a basic progressive scan dvd player and would like to know if I should wait till I purchase a greater quality dvd player or can it still be done?

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Gregg, I'd like to apologize. I was all set to make an appt for next month, then our dishwasher died. Then, after that our furnace needed repair. Alas, the TV took a back seat and I'll have to wait until your next go around. When do you plan on doing NJ again, fall?

Also, check your PMs.

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Gregg,

It looks like it is time for me to finally get this done. When do you think you will have time in the Long Island New York area? Not sure what I'm going to do yet but I have both a Runco Projector and the Sony 40" Wega. I guess we should talk when you have time.

Thanks,
Orlando

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys!!

Orlando, argh!! I was just in LI yesterday (rain storm and all). Anyways, Ill be back again before too long and I always have time to assist crusin buddies :) Give me a call to work out the details,

Regards

Gregg
201 232 3380

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Hey Greg,

I realize this thread is OLD... but was wondering if you're still "touring" and doing calibrations for HTF'ers?

Have you ever been up to Montreal?

I would really love to have you stop in to do some tweaking and adjustments on my new H.T. setup.

I've got a DPI iVision HDX front DLP projector running through HD Leeza connected to a Pioneer Elite 59-AVi player.

Do you mostly fo monitor calibrations or are you experienced with DLP projection and have you ever worked with any of the above hardware?

On the audio tip, I've got 5 channel Speakercraft 8.8 MT setup wired through an Arcam P7 and AV8.

I'm hoping to pick up a B&W ASW 855 next month and would love to try and schedule something for later in the year if you are going to be in the area!

Please let me know if it sounds likely and what I'd be looking at as far as pricing...

:)

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi Marco

I am very experienced with dlp FP systems and have a Marantz VP12L3 unit in my own theater.

Yes, I continue to tour extensively. I would not mind at all coming up to PQ, and am actually fairly close to you. I would need at least 4 persons to commit to having a service. Right now, we would be looking at early November.

Let me know, feel free to email at [email protected]

Regards

Gregg Loewen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks