What's new

ISF Video Calibrations: New England to DC. Florida, LA - San Diego (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys

I just realized that my old thread was 2 years old (duh).

I personally am still covering New England, including NJ NY PA and the greater DC area. I am doing this area every 4-6 weeks.

In addition I am still covering Mobile AL, Pensacola, Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Miami and all points inbetween in Florida every 90 days.

LA - San Diego - Temecula - LasVegas is also on my every 90 day schedule.

Feel free to post here or drop me an email with any questions.

Gregg Loewen
Product Trainer and ISF Video Instructor
Lead Video Trainer THX
President Lion AV
[email protected]
201 232 3380

Please also note that with the help of my partners we cover most of the CONUS and Canada. Please go to lionav.com for details.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be purchasing a 50 inch Pioneer Elite plasma (Either Pro 111FD or Pro 101FD) in March 2009. Can you or an associate come to Toledo OH in the April 2009 time period? THX.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
HI
Absolutely no problem coming to Toledo. Let us know when you are ready.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for your reply & offer.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Is there any thing important I can do to properly
prepare for the calibration?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

firebrick

Agent
Real Name
mark
do people still calibrate the old rear projection tvs? i have a pioneer elite 720 that I am going to use for home theater, its too good to give up imo

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Mark
yes people still do calibrate those beasts!
I have 2 of them scheduled for next week. Once thoroughly cleaned, aligned, then calibrated they look quite stunning. ( I do recommend that they be viewed in a very dark environment though).

Gregg

firebrick

Agent
Real Name
mark
Well, I have a question then. As I am setting up a dedicated theater room, do you think this display is good enough or should I opt for a projector? 64" seems big enough to me and I can get a rgb to dvi adaptor. Or I could just stay connected with component cables. If I use this set I am going to want a calibration on it to get it looking the best and I do have a very dark room for it.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
If you keep the 720, you want to stay component with 1080i source material.

64" vs larger is a personal preference, based on how close you sit and how much "immersion" you desire. Either way, (keeping the crt or getting a digital front projector), I recommend getting the display calibrated to maximize the image quality being displayed.

firebrick

Agent
Real Name
mark
I really thought I could keep costs way down on my theater because I have great, older components. But from the looks of it i may be upgrading everything to get what I want out of my dedicated home theater room. If I dont I doubt I would be happy with the results.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
your display is a great component...you just have to decide if you want 64" vs 92-120 inches (and the related cost differences).

In my theater I still have my Tosbiba 65" RPTV and it looks great. My kids use this display all the time, and it what we use for viewing when we have some lights on. In the evening hours, or when viewing a movie, we have a motorized drop down 96" screen for viewing (with a Marantz PJ). It is 720p and looks stunning (actually still much better looking then a lot of the new 1080p stuff, like BenQ, Epson, Panasonic, etc).

Hope this helped,

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks