What's new

ISF Video Calibrations: New Eng Detroit Chicago NY OH MO KC, MN, Philly FL LA/SanDieg (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys
Plasmas ABSOLUTELY benefit. About 30 % of my work is done on that technology type.
regards
Gregg

Zach Nelson

Agent
By chance, anyone in the Philly area (19425) in the coming months? I have a Sony 34XBR960 that's 1 year old and begging to be perfected.

Thanks, and happy holidays!

David_MSP

Stunt Coordinator
Hello everyone!

Gregg was at my home yesterday, for the fifth year in a row, doing his usual awesome work on my Toshiba CRT RPTV. I have thanked him personally but I'd like to publicly thank him as well. Gregg is a gentleman and a real professional. It has been such a great pleasure getting to know him over the past several years. If you have not taken the opportunity to call on Gregg for his calibration services, I strongly encourage you to do so. I am convinced you will not be disappointed!

Regards,
David

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys

David, thanks for the kind words.

Frank, I regularly service southern california and one of my partners services northern california.

regards

Gregg

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Hi
Gregg
Got my Sony working again and was wondering How much is a visit from Chuck for a SONY CRT approx 7 YO for a tune up? Are Plasmas about the same price?
Trying to convince a friend of mine to get his looking good

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Grant
Sorry I missed this.
I will ask Chuck to drop by the thread.
ttfn

Gregg

Zach Nelson

Agent
Gregg just calibrated my Sony KD34XBR960 and while this set was amazing before, I just can't explain how much better it looks! If you've been on the fence about getting your tv professionally calibrated, do yourself a big favor and call Gregg ASAP!

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Gregg calibrated my new Sharp LC-42D62U four weeks ago. He did a terrific job, and he's a really nice guy to boot. Also, the backlight he sold me makes a huge difference.

Steve Blair

Second Unit
Hey Gregg, long time no see! My panny th50phd7uy is still going strong from your calibration. Last week I purchased the Panny Th42px600u for the bedroom and it's got a green tinge to the picture. Per AVS, this is inherent in the 60u/600u models. I was wondering if you've calibrated this series of plasma and were able to get rid of the green tinge. I asked at AVS and some say they got rid of and some couldn't. I've got a few days left to return it so plz advise.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys

Steve, you should have received my reply via email.
There should be absolutely no reason why that display has any kind inaccurate color skuing. (after calibration). I will put you in touch with Randy Tomlinson who will take care of you.

David, Zach, Richard, thank you very much for the kind words! I hope you enjoy your free subscriptions to widescreenreview.

To all LionAV clients: I received some dts demo DVDs, Blu Ray and HD DVD. Please drop me an email if you would like to receive them. Use [email protected].

Happy viewing!!

Gregg

Craig730iL

Grip
Real Name
Craig
Hi guys, I recently purchased a Sony 40" 1080 x 1920 LCD panel. I have heard a bit aboit the calibration through this forum; my question is does anyone know someone in Australia who does this? I am quite happy with my display, but it would be good to get it perfect.

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
I recently purchased the Sony KDL-32XBR4 and initially had a "green push" issue that prompted its "exile" to a local service center that actually found a legit problem with a circuit board. Now a month later I get it back and though the issue was resolved to the tech's liking I'm not so sure. He made it clear that the possibility of an exchange is open but I really don't wish to go down that path except as a last resort.

I would like to look into a pro calibration. I first checked the ISF website and found a local outfit (I'm in suburban Philadelphia): InPhase Home Theater Solutions of Chadds Ford, PA (formally West Chester) back in late August. I actually spoke with the guy there at length prior to submitting said Sony for service and he thought that a good first move.

Problem is now that I would like to find out more about the service, costs, and maybe setting up an appt. I haven't been able to reach him in almost two weeks and 4 voice mails. He was so understanding and amenable it seems a shame that he may lose my business for lack of response.

Is there anybody out there that will be doing calibrations in the suburban Philly area this month? I don't know how much of a window remains should I DO have the calibration and find the repair tech was wrong and the display should be returned for another. I initially put it in for service just before the first month was up.

Except for this "green" problem the monitor appears to be fine.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Charles

I am regularly in the greater Philly area and teach the ISF classes for Datacolor in the Princeton area. I will be back around the end of this month.

Feel free to call me at # 201 232 3380 to discuss further.

Regards

Gregg

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
Thanks for the quick response! I'm at work and will give you a buzz after hours, unless there is an optimum time to contact you. Let me know if that is the case.

Evenings and weekends would be best for me as I can speak at ease form home.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Charles
I cant promise a weekend but an evening wont be any problem. Just use the booking form at www.lionav.com and the payment interface to send the $50 travel fee.
See you at the end of October!!
Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks