What's new

ISF Video Calibrations: New Eng Detroit Chicago NY OH MO KC, MN, Philly FL LA/SanDieg (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi guys

Here is a list of my upcoming locations for 2006. We are now attempting to provide nationwide services to most markets. Please post here with questions or feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

thanks!!

Gregg
201 232 3380

Monthly service throughout New England including: MA, ME, VT, CT, NH, and RI
Regular trips to Detroit and Minneapolis via stopovers on NWA
Maritime Canada - twice annually December and July - August
Florida, regular service, every 90 days: March 06 June 06 November 06 Jan 07
NJ NYC PA Greater DC Area to Virginia Beach Area Mar 06 May 06 Jun 06 Nov 06 Mar 07
North East US: 2 times annually May 2006 Nov 2006, May 2007 Nov 2007
Inc: upstate NY, PA, Detroit, Chicago, OH, Minneapolis, Wisconsin, Indianapolis, St L, MO, IL, MI etc
San Diego and Los Angeles every 90 days Mar 06 July 06 Sept 06, and as needed inbetween (please email me)
Las Vegas, side trip from Los Angeles, as needed, please email me
Greater Los Angeles July 2006 November 2006
Las Vegas July 2006 November 2006 January 2007

Please email me if your area is not listed and I will accommodate you. [email protected]

Please also remember that affiliated calibrators of LionAV service the following areas:

Greater San Francisco area: Chuck Williams
Dallas Houston San Antonio Oklahoma: Steve Martin
Phoenix AZ: Michael Hamilton
Calgary, Edmonton, Western Canada, Toronto, Greater Seattle Area: Michael Chen
North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama: Randy Tomlinson
Greater New Jersey: Dan Miller

Please feel free to ask any affiliate any question you may have of them...you can link via www.lionav.com to the ask a question form.

Thanks for looking Gregg Loewen www.lionav.com [email protected] O 207 778 5417 C 201 232 3380

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Gregg,

You did my Pioneer Elite PRO-620HD RPTV several years ago when it was new. I am going to schedule another calibration...way over due!!

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi Alan!

It would be my pleasure....touch ups are only 225 plus 50 travel (to most locations). This includes removing the lenses and cleaning the faces of the crts, mirror, etc etc

Ohio will be part of my Spring tour...figure late April or into May. To book, complete the booking form at www.lionav.com and use the paypal interface to send the $50 travel fee.

At your service.

Gregg

DarrenAlan

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to put in a good word for Chuck Williams, who a few weeks ago touched up my Panny 47WX49 that Gregg first calibrated in 2002 (yes, it was well past time).

The two words I would use to describe Chuck are "gracious" and "professional." Gracious because he took the time to listen to my ramblings and exhibited a fine Southern gentility and diplomacy stemming from his days living in Washington, D.C.; professional because he arrived right on time, did a fine job, and was efficient in his work.

The screen looks great and I'm very pleased. Thanks again, Chuck!

David_Bl

Grip
Greetings,

Just wanted to chime in, and put in the good word for Randy Tomlinson!

He came out to "touch up" my TOSH TW40X81 that Gregg calibrated over 2 years ago. I had been deployed to Iraq for a year, so it hadn't recieved much attention! I now have a Hi Def signal, so he calibrated it for 1080i, and the convergence had drifted significantly. I also had him add the duvetyne lining.

It looks like new! With regular tune ups, maybe I can squeeze a few more years out of this set!

Gregg, just wanted to ask -- Randy advised me I should use the 9 point User Convergence Monthly, to keep it looking good. I don't doubt him, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the 9 pt is bad, etc etc. Am I crazy, or is there a debate on the usefulness of this?

Also, the Tosh Colorstream inputs have a DVD/DTV setting, but there didn't seem to be any difference in the two. What does it do?

Kudos to Randy!

David

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi David!
Randy is awesome!!
I also recommend doing the 9 point convergence BUT ONLY IF the client is not comfortable performing service level convergence.
regards
Gregg

Dan Magnin

Stunt Coordinator
Gregg, I own a Toshiba 65hdx82 monitor which I've had for a few years now. I never had it professionally calibrated and I see indications of its need to do so since the convergence is off bigtime. I have moved the monitor a couple of times during the construction phase of my home theater but now that its complete I'm interested in having it calibrated. (its amazing to see just how much the convergence is affected by moving the monitor). I live in Green Bay WI and am curious when you or another technician from ISF would happen to be in the area. Of course, also out of curiosity is cost. Please feel free to respond openly or pm me, thanks. Dan.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi Dan
no problem at all getting to you.
Pricing is $50 travel fee.
Video setup and ISF of the DVD scan rate would be 400. This would include glare screen removal, optic cleaning, etc etc.
Add HD calibration (Comp and DVI), $150
Optional: duvetyne cloth lining $150 (material and labor).
Feel free to call me at 201 232 3380 with any questions
regards
Gregg

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys
I wanted to edit the title to reflect my upcoming locations through the end of September.

New England (monthly).
NY NJ Philly DC in June
LA San Diego Las Vegas July
North east driving tour late May - early June, Chicago, Detroit, OH, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Buffalo etc. please email me and I will do my best to accomodate your location

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Gregg,

I'm on your list now...looking forward to seeing you at the end of the month!!

I'm just north of Cincinnati, FYI.

Alan

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
Hi Gregg,

Do you remembered me, Pizza, Pizza?

You calibrated my Panny 47 a few years ago and so far, it looks good, but right now I'm seriously thinking about upgrading to a Plasma from Vizio.

I would like to know your thoughts about it. I have read many reviews and many says that it is great value. Costco has the 50" for under 2k now.

Have you worked on this set before because if I do decide to upgrade, I will be booking a ISF Calibration call at the end of summer, on your next tour to So Ca.

Please let me know and what would be a fair price for my Panny?

Thanks,
Tim

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Gregg,

Just wanted to say that it was nice seeing you again and my Pioneer Elite never looked better!! Job well done!!

Alan

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys
Just giving this thread a bump (even though its a sticky).
I will be covering New England, down to DC at least x 2s prior to Christmas. Florida x 2 prior to Christmas. Southern California in November.
And a driving trip throughout the north east, all the way to Kansas city and Minneapolis in late November, early December.

Michael Cucka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Cucka
Geez, Gregg....

With all those trips, when do you have time for Heather and the family! ;)

I just bought the new Samsung LED DLP - hls5679. I've seen on AVS no has much experience with these sets yet - but I'm sure if anyone is up to the challenge, you'd be my man!!!!

Contact me if you're interested - plus, I can have you do my Marantz DLP vp12s2 on the same trip :emoji_thumbsup:

Talk to you soon -

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi Michael!!
I just dropped you an email.

Gregg
PS: who is Heather ? :)

BenS

Stunt Coordinator
On your trip to Kansas City could you stop by St. louis in November - December?

Michael Cucka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Cucka
Hey, Gents!
Gregg made the stop to calibrate my new Samsung HLS5679 and older Marantz DLP VP12S2 this past weekend.

One word.... AWESOME!!!!!

Competent, professional - ISF at it's best - and a helluva good man:)

Don't hesitate to use this mans services when you have the need!

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
I want to know also because I'm ready for an upgrade.

Please reply Gregg.

See you at CES 07

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks