ISF Calibration

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Scott McVicker, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Scott McVicker

So I am trying to convince my father-in-law that he should get his big screen calibrated, but he doesn't understand why you can't fix anything using the built in menu.
    What does ISF offer that your on-screen menu's don't.

Once its calibrated, why do you need to have it calibrated again?

If it's just sitting in the basement, how does it become un-calibrated?

These are just few questions he had let me know if you have any good rebuttals

Thanks
    Scott

2. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

3. Scott McVicker

Ted,

Thanks for your reply. I found it very interesting. Considering my father-in-law listened to everything I had to say and still bought a sony all-in-one package, I doubt he will understand the neccessity of a proper calibration.

Scott

4. Felipe S

Felipe S Stunt Coordinator

I wouldn't say it's a 'necessity' since most people are happy with their sets as is. A calibration would satisfy someone who has a real passion for home theater and an 'accurate' video presentation. I say if he's happy with what he has... so be it.

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

felipe -

at the very least, a properly calibrated set will increase the longevity of the unit. that alone should be worth the price of admission. [​IMG]

they don't even have to be hardcore about it. just simple adjustments of the video settings will be helpful.

6. Felipe S

Felipe S Stunt Coordinator

If you really wanna convince him, refer him to all the testimony given here at the htf from all the people who've had their set professionally calibrated. That alone convinces most people into investing in it. (well, that's how it happened in my case at least [​IMG] [​IMG] )

and it really was a good investment might I add. [​IMG]