Is Video DAC spec all that significant?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by BrentSP, May 10, 2007.

1. BrentSP

BrentSP Agent

Looking at some Marantz DVD players......Some have 216MHz/12Bit, 108MHz/12-Bit and 54MHz/10bit Video D/A Converters. I'll just be using S-Video (booh, booh) since thats all my 55" supports.

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Jesus. S-video? DACs are not insignificant, but with S-video you're not going to see anything but turds anyway.

3. Jacob C

Jacob C Second Unit

What does Jesus have to do with S-video?

IMO it is time for the 55" to be replaced. I know, sad, but if it only has S-vid it has to be old and a new TV, especially if it is HD, will make more of a difference than anything else.

4. BrentSP

BrentSP Agent

Ha,ha yeap just S-Video. I bought it in 2001 (its not even wide screen) [​IMG]

The picture is fine actually its not anywhere detailed as HD but it doesn't bother me. My Sony DVD player that I'm replacing is older to, I think it was when DTS had only been out out in mass marketed products a few years.

I still have my Paradigm Ref Studio 60 V.1s to are those turds and need to be updated to? [​IMG]

5. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

No, studios are beautiful speakers.

In any case, with s-video out differences are not really going to be very noticeable. Don't overspend for the DVD player unless you intent on upgrading displays in the near future.