What's new

Is Total Movie Dead? (1 Viewer)

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
While I hate to see any magazine fold and leave its subscribers hanging...

I would of at least liked to of gotten "Species II" before they folded! Even if is was "FULLSCREEN"....

--David

Keith M.

Second Unit
This is exactly why im very concerned with The Home Theater Builder magazine. Im really sick and tired of throwin money at these phoney/fly-by-night publishing companies... Leonard Maltin(you scumbag) and his scam DVDPreview owes me about $40 and Total Movie(you dumb @#$*#) owe me close to another $30-40. Now, multiple this by x number of HTF members, you get the picture!!!!! Big money!!

In the wake of it all, the Home Theater Forum decides to sponsor publications like Home Theater Builder Magazine without one single issue being produced? This is very risky... And will be very upsetting to me and many others here. Who is accountable? In my eyes, both the HTF and the publication. Who profits? Both the HTF and the publication. Im seeing a pattern here that I dont care for...

If I sound sour, well, tough, enough is enough. I work for my money and so should these damn companies/individuals.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
In my eyes, both the HTF and the publication. Who profits? Both the HTF and the publication. Im seeing a pattern here that I dont care for...
I was wondering how long it would take to see the first post like this. Let me just suggest that while slamming a truly pathetic mag like this may be fine, we need to exercise a collective self-censorship when it comes to making unfounded accusations and insuations of this sort.

I suspect this thread will close soon.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

As far as I know HTF had nothing to do with TM in a business relationship. Editor Gary Whitta posted here a few times- but the HTF never "sponsored" anything- nor did TM take out ads with the HTF, to the best of my knowledge.

I also missed the old DVDPreview fiasco- but again- I don't think HTF had anything to do with that publication either.

Just because something is talked about on the forum (or any forum for that matter) doesn't mean the forum has any control or vested interest.

-Vince

Keith M.

Second Unit
Vince "Just because something is talked about on the forum (or any forum for that matter) doesn't mean the forum has any control or vested interest."
I agree, but when the HTF sets up a whole section for a publication that doesnt exist (Home Theater Builder). And also encourages the solicitation of subscriptions by this questionable publisher, there is a sense of control and interest on the part of the HTF. Seeing the track record of recent HT focused publications, I would hope HTF would be looking out for the best interests of its members. Not simply exploiting its membership for advertising revenue...
Peter Overduin:
"we need to exercise a collective self-censorship when it comes to making unfounded accusations and insuations of this sort"
Are you that nieve? How do you think websites like the forum exist? Primarily, Advertising, referral/hits and sometimes money out of their own pockets.
I apologize for my negativity lately, I just quit smoking and my patience has diminished! :frowning:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
No one is exploiting the membership, Keith. Speaking as an editorial employee, I dare suggest you might not be aware of the work involved in producing a magazine, much less launching a new one during a bumpy economy.

Please tone down the vitriol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks