What's new

Is this you? More Americans work less and spend more time watching TV (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
The downturn in the labor market shows up clearly in the Bureau of Labor Statistic's Time Use Survey.

Americans worked three hours and eleven minutes per day on average in 2012, down 17 minutes from 2007.

This number, which includes all Americans over the age of 15, is declining due to various factors, including a rise in unemployment and a big drop in labor force participation rate, as older workers retire and discouraged workers leave the job market for good.

Leisure hours, sleep, and time spent watching TV are all at their highest levels since the survey began in 2003.

I'm certainly not getting more time for sleep or watching TV.... I wish I was. Are you?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm one of those that doesn't count as gainfully employed.A large chunk of my income the last 3 years has been legally non-reportable. I probably received 80% of my income in amounts under $500.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks