What's new

Is this true? (1 Viewer)

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Well a little off topic but I just got FIOS installed. 20Mb down/5Mb up ($60 per month). I was downloading an update from Apple the other day and Safari indicated 2.4MB per second.

It is very nice. Highly recommended if available in your area.

-Keith

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Verizon has run FiOS by my parents' house, but the local franchising agreement prevents Verizon from offering TV service (they market a bundling with DirecTV instead). Since their cable bill jumped $10 to $107 this month for cable and internet, my father looked into switching. Without the bundled deal, the cost of getting just cable from Time Warner and just internet from FiOS would have been even higher than the $107 he's paying now. Those bundle deals are funny. When I was living in Boston, I subscribed to the Basic Cable because the discount for bundling TV and internet was greater than the $8 and change mandated for basic service by the city's franchising agreement. Since I get TV O.T.A. with a digital converter box, the only thing that keeps me from going with FiOS for internet is the contract structure. Right now my financial situation is very tenuous, and I don't want to be locked in for a year in case I have to drop service later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks